The British are coming

"Driven by the desire to embrace substance and trust, which equates to the bassist holding down the bottom line."

"A perfect world scenario is a 4 stringer that is dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of all that is bass."

Moderators: rockinrayduke, Jerry, hippiesandwich

The British are coming

Postby KT88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:02 am

..actually, by the looks of it, we've already come.

Er...perhaps I should re-phrase that....

Ken's the name. 50 years old and none the wiser. Have played bass since I was 17, apart from a terrible 16-year gap after all my gear was stolen in 1989 ( [smilie=angry-smiley-005.gif] ). Started again in 2005 and haven't looked back since! [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

I'm yet another member of www.finnbass.com over on our side of the pond. If any of you should visit, you'll find me known as Oxblood over there. Seeing that a couple of your guys have hooked up with us recently (Hi Joe....Hi Karl Image), I figured it was mere politeness to reciprocate!

When not annoying the neighbours with LF guerrilla tactics inna Blues/STAX/Ska/Small Faces stylee, my other big interest is in building/servicing/modifying valve gear: i.e. tube amps etc.

That's all for now, I think. I'm off to sniff about the place and see what gives. See you around...
KT88

Re: The British are coming

Postby steveonbass » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 am

Welcome KT88. I'll check out Finnbass
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby KT88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 am

Ta Steve. I think you'll like what you find. Just a quick FYI, though: on Finnbass, you have to join before you can read any of the threads. Don't let that put you off, though: it's a very relaxed place. In fact, the only official moderator is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Spike. Honestly!
KT88

Postby GonzoBass » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:36 am

Welcome aboard Mate!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass
Global Bouncer

Links: .
Tools:
Steinberger XP2 Workhorse (DB Bridge)
Steinberger XP2 (B-E-A-D)
Steinberger XP2A (Back Up)
Wilkat GonzoBass #001
Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz
EBMM Stingray Natural/Maple
Xavier Custom 6 String
Ibanez AEB10K Acoustic
Dean Rhapsody 8 String
Carvin BK2A Fretless
Gibson EB3 (Project)
Epiphone Newport EBS
Synsonic Half Scale
Fender Mandolin
A couple Flea Ukuleles
and a few guitars...

Rigs:
Small-
GK MB112 combo
Medium-
GK MB500
GK 2x10 Neo
Large-
GK 1001 Mark II 2x10 combo
GK 1x15 RBS

Effects:
Line 6 Bass POD XT Live
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer

Postby jshilgebass » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 am

Ken! Er, I mean, Oxblood!! Or KT88...Good to see you over here. Welcome!!

This looks like the start of a transfer of information between the Brits (finnbass) and the Yanks (BABP). A good thing, if I do say so myself. Now we can see how each of the other half lives. [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]

I've checked out finnbass, and that forum is a great British-style hang. [smilie=party-smiley-003.gif]

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby KT88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:58 am

jshilgebass wrote:This looks like the start of a transfer of information between the Brits (finnbass) and the Yanks (BABP). A good thing, if I do say so myself.
As long as it's just information, Joe. I draw the line at bodily fluids...Image
KT88

Postby jshilgebass » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 am

KT88 wrote:
jshilgebass wrote:This looks like the start of a transfer of information between the Brits (finnbass) and the Yanks (BABP). A good thing, if I do say so myself.
As long as it's just information, Joe. I draw the line at bodily fluids...Image

Actually, some draw the line WITH bodily fluids.... [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby GLJeff » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:15 am

Welcome! you did bring beer right? [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
GLJeff

Postby KT88 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:33 am

GLJeff wrote:Welcome! you did bring beer right? [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Naturally, Sir. Check out the new Avatar: Adnams Bitter, brewed in Suffolk. Nectar of the Gods. Cheers! Image
KT88

Postby hmagman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 am

Welcome!
Harry
hmagman

Postby nig » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:41 am

LOL, im playing in ipswitch, suffolk tonight KT88, so i'll have one for you. welcome. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
'Using yesterdays technology to create tommorrows problems today'

nig

Postby KT88 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:50 am

Hi Harry, glad to be here.

nig, I envy you. Adnams from the wood = heaven indeed. Here in London I have to make do with the bottled version.
KT88

Postby GLJeff » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:25 pm

nig wrote:LOL, im playing in ipswitch, suffolk tonight KT88, so i'll have one for you. welcome. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

I have cousins in Ipswitch, different Ipswitch though [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif] I live in Bourne, nope! not the same Bourne. That's what I get for living in NEW England [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
GLJeff

Postby KT88 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:20 pm

KT88

Postby nig » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm

New England...so much nicer than old england, [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif] , and the fall is on its way too, ive always wanted to see connecticut ( spelt wrong probably) and boston etc at this time of year, I was in Montreal in 81 in the autum, that was pretty special.
'Using yesterdays technology to create tommorrows problems today'

nig

Next

Return to WELCOME