New here, I just somehow got banned for life from talkbass

"Driven by the desire to embrace substance and trust, which equates to the bassist holding down the bottom line."

"A perfect world scenario is a 4 stringer that is dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of all that is bass."

Moderators: rockinrayduke, Jerry, hippiesandwich

New here, I just somehow got banned for life from talkbass

Postby Brassmaster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am

A couple people on talkbass had previously suggested using this website. Now I am forum-less :( and looking for a new home so I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm posting this just to make clear what happened since getting banned isn't really something you want to hear from a new member. I try to log in and I get this:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
contact the help desk

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I've contacted them multiple times asking what happened but I've gotten absolutely no response. I was on there for years and had a current feedback of 162, 100% positive, and had no "points" against me. Particularly annoying is that I pay for membership and now they have essentially stolen the money :/

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you guys know how I ended up here, I guess I have plenty of stuff to fill out on my profile now. If anyone has any similar stories they want to share that would be cool to hear.
Brassmaster

Re: New here, I just somehow got banned for life from talkba

Postby nolabass » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Not even gonna try to figure out TB. I assume others would agree with me in saying your welcome till your not welcome. We have a lot lower BS threshold here. Assuming you have no real beef with existing members and there's not a history following you...... it should be cool. :welcome:
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby aussiemark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 pm

What was your TB user name?
aussiemark

Postby Brassmaster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks nolabass, it might have been you that referred me here(?) I recognize the name. My name was originally dave88 on TB and then when somebody pointed out that 88 has some odd Nazi significance I changed it to dave79. I finally heard back and as much as I'd like to go into detail about how ridiculous it is I should probably refrain from that for at least the moment. I'll just say that for a website that has such strict rules, it is amazing to see a head moderator completely ignore them.
Brassmaster

Postby aussiemark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm

Welcome Dave, we look forward to getting to know you. Although, I find it hard to believe that you have no inkling at all why someone would ban you from TB - you obviously posted something in a thread or via a PM that was not appreciated by somebody. Most bans I'm aware of over there are for a specified period of time only - not for life. Is that the first time you were banned there?
aussiemark

Postby Brassmaster » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Yes, no previous bans, no "points" which are their...sigh...demerit system. I had 2 points a couple years ago since I posted a meme with a curse word in it but that expired long ago and was my only infraction. The TB rules specifically state that there have to be warnings, a temporary ban, then a full ban. None of these occurred, straight to forever ban. On the bright side, apparently this is being bumped up to the owner of that forum. I wish I could go into detail about what happened but they have strong rules about not discussing moderation on the forum at all and I need to at least retain my membership until a couple expensive in transit items are dealt with. I think going into specifics here would upset a particular moderator more.

I mean I could understand if I threatened someone's life or anything obvious(hacked the site, whatever), or even remotely in that realm of bad behavior, but this was just policy and totally undocumented policy with them so I'd be very surprised if I wasn't reinstated. I need to be on there for the upright bass side of things...unless this site has an upright section?

I understand you find it hard to believe, I find it almost impossible to believe. sigh. I mean it's not the end of the world but it sucks when you put a lot of time over many years showing that you can behave near perfectly, actively contributing financially and professionally on a forum and then something like this happens out of the blue.

Thanks,
Dave
Brassmaster

Postby Rob Francis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Hey Dave welcome!
Being banned from TB puts you in the same group as Ken Smith so not a bad crowd. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

PS
It WAS a slab board on that Jazz Bass
Rob Francis

Postby Brassmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Hah! I know, it just looked flat in the original photo :hid:
Brassmaster

Postby Freddels » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Brassmaster wrote: I need to be on there for the upright bass side of things...unless this site has an upright section?

Thanks,
Dave

We have some upright players here and an upright section. Do you play upright?
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Brassmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah, played in the symphony here a couple years (Charlottesville, VA). Now I do blues, jazz, and bluegrass gigs on it. Also rehearsing with it for a band that has the former drummer from Bloodkin which is kinda cool for me, he's played drums with REM and all sorts of other bands too. My main gig is playing electric in a 4 piece, bs dr keys and vocalist, but she joined En Vogue so cancelled our gigs this month, but we have a few next month. We recorded some rough stuff in a studio a few weeks ago, I'd love to get you guys' thoughts on it if I can post it here somehow(?)
Brassmaster

Postby Brassmaster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:44 pm

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90553927/The%2 ... ck%201.mp3

Maybe that will work. Don't be too harsh, live track recorded all at once, no overdubs, no click (and the drummer is 21).
Brassmaster

Postby KCandME » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi! Hower U!
I'm new here too.
I have not been banned from TB.
But I see that Dave79 is 'Back On' TB
So, Congratulations.

And, I was learning what a 'Slab' board is by reading that thread.
I'm not sure, but I think I know what it is now...
lol [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
KCandME

Postby Rhian Batson » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm

:welcome:
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Gil Escalera » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Bienvenidos! [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby GonzoBass » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Welcome aboard!
[smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass
Global Bouncer

Links: .
Tools:
Steinberger XP2 Workhorse (DB Bridge)
Steinberger XP2 (B-E-A-D)
Steinberger XP2A (Back Up)
Wilkat GonzoBass #001
Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz
EBMM Stingray Natural/Maple