New here, I just somehow got banned for life from talkbass

"Driven by the desire to embrace substance and trust, which equates to the bassist holding down the bottom line."

"A perfect world scenario is a 4 stringer that is dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of all that is bass."

Moderators: rockinrayduke, Jerry, hippiesandwich

Re: New here, I just somehow got banned for life from talkba

Postby hmagman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 am

Welcome!
Harry
hmagman

Postby hoytbasses » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm

welcome........
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Postby bigfatbass » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 pm

I've been banned at least 4-5 times, usually just for a few days or a month. All for the same reason: calling a moron talking out of turn, a moron talking out of turn. I use it to buy and sell small gear related stuff, and have made some of my best scores in the "not bass related", listings. Scored a Tech-21 Classic 60 guitar amp for $120 delivered to my door. Looked like it just came out of the box.

It is also good for the occasional quick movie review, believe it or not. You have to watch for spoilers, (remember, they are morons), but if you want a real-time yay/nay review of a current release, the off topic section can save you some money.

If I want to talk about basses/gear with people who actually play gigs for money, in front of people that aren't their immediate circle of friends, I come here. The BABP board is a bottomless pit (no pun intended) of real life gigging experience.
"Time Is the river, eternity is the ocean, music is the water.
Play what you hear, hear what you play.
Trust your ears, serve your soul." ~Philip Toshio Sudo "Zen Guitar"

Viva Los Blancos!
http://www.casablancos.com
bigfatbass
Road Dog

Links: http://www.casablancos.com

Postby Brassmaster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Yeah mine was a lot weirder than that. I did something, the moderator said don't do that, I did it again and said that there was nothing in the rules concerning it, he didn't respond, then I did it a third time and got banned for life which I appealed and got overturned. The explanation given to me, not joking, a moderator does not have to obey the rules concerning banishment and can do whatever they please....why have rules in the first place then?

Anyway enough about them, it's a great site being run by some not so great people. I've tried to set up my profile on here a few times and it's not letting me fill in fields. I'm using Firefox, is that that the problem?

Thanks,
Dave
Brassmaster

Postby harleyyy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Brassmaster wrote:I've tried to set up my profile on here a few times and it's not letting me fill in fields. I'm using Firefox, is that that the problem?

Thanks,
Dave

If you're referring to the profile on the front page, you're better off doing the profile here within the phpbb forum. thanks and welcome!
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby bigfatbass » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important part.

Welcome!

[smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
"Time Is the river, eternity is the ocean, music is the water.
Play what you hear, hear what you play.
Trust your ears, serve your soul." ~Philip Toshio Sudo "Zen Guitar"

Viva Los Blancos!
http://www.casablancos.com
bigfatbass
Road Dog

Links: http://www.casablancos.com

Postby Mr. Mom » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:00 am

bigfatbass wrote:
The BABP board is a bottomless pit (no pun intended) of real life gigging experience.

Are you saying that I'm the "pits"?? Mind you, I'm not sayin you'd be wrong, but......

Welcome to BABP! I might be in the minority in that I like TB. I've had some great transactions over there and have met some nice virtual friends. Pound-for-pound though, it's no contest. BABP kicks TB's arse!
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Floyd Eye » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 am

Brassmaster wrote:A couple people on talkbass had previously suggested using this website. Now I am forum-less :( and looking for a new home so I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm posting this just to make clear what happened since getting banned isn't really something you want to hear from a new member. I try to log in and I get this:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
contact the help desk

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I've contacted them multiple times asking what happened but I've gotten absolutely no response. I was on there for years and had a current feedback of 162, 100% positive, and had no "points" against me. Particularly annoying is that I pay for membership and now they have essentially stolen the money :/

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and let you guys know how I ended up here, I guess I have plenty of stuff to fill out on my profile now. If anyone has any similar stories they want to share that would be cool to hear.

A year or so ago I was banned for life from TB for saying Fender Rumbles had no balls. It was either that or telling that guy his P bass sounded so good because it was probably made from the tree they nailed Jesus to, I'm not really sure. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif] I was also a paying member and was never given a reason why I was banned.

Found this place by accident. So far I like it.
Floyd Eye

Postby hoytbasses » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:08 am

welcome......

we are a great group of people who put the bass first and don't do drama.

Karl
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Postby Mr. Mom » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Floyd Eye wrote: It was either that or telling that guy his P bass sounded so good because it was probably made from the tree they nailed Jesus to, I'm not really sure.

Is it wrong that I think that's really funny??

Welcome aboard!
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby ghiadub » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Welcome! I have never been banned from TB, but the morons keep me off there. I mess around on the sale forums once and a while. [smilie=fun_84.gif]

This has been home since day one, no contest. There is a no BS policy here, stick with that and you will be fine.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby Floyd Eye » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Mr. Mom wrote:
Floyd Eye wrote: It was either that or telling that guy his P bass sounded so good because it was probably made from the tree they nailed Jesus to, I'm not really sure.

Is it wrong that I think that's really funny??

Welcome aboard!

Thank you. I don't think it was wrong and I agree with the guy up there about the morons. I did make a few good friends and connections there though. And I miss the classifieds. I bought and sold a lot of gear there.
Floyd Eye

Postby Happy Face » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:40 am

Which amp is best for metal?
Happy Face

Postby GonzoBass » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:21 am

GK.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass
Global Bouncer

Links: .
Tools:
Steinberger XP2 Workhorse (DB Bridge)
Steinberger XP2 (B-E-A-D)
Steinberger XP2A (Back Up)
Wilkat GonzoBass #001
Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz
EBMM Stingray Natural/Maple