How many #@%$*!! bass player sites can there be?

"Driven by the desire to embrace substance and trust, which equates to the bassist holding down the bottom line."

"A perfect world scenario is a 4 stringer that is dedicated to the preservation and perpetuation of all that is bass."

Moderators: rockinrayduke, Jerry, hippiesandwich

How many #@%$*!! bass player sites can there be?

Postby Father Gino » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:31 am

OK, so I'll join this one too. Seems I already know half the people here anyway. I'm still not sure if I really qualify for admission to this club. Fatass bassplayer or dumbass bassplayer maybe, but badass? Well, I'm some kind of bass player anyway.
Father Gino

Postby Mike Childree » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:37 am

Welcome! Same thing could be said for any of us, actually....and every one of us will freely admit it.

There are lots of bass sites, but I think you'll find this one has something the others don't. Hope you'll hang around and find out!
Mike Childree
Bouncer

Re: How many #@%$*!! bass player sites can there be?

Postby Jerry » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:40 pm

Father Gino wrote:OK, so I'll join this one too. Seems I already know half the people here anyway. I'm still not sure if I really qualify for admission to this club. Fatass bassplayer or dumbass bassplayer maybe, but badass? Well, I'm some kind of bass player anyway.

I'm a lameassbassplayer and I'm here. [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby Silverbass » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:58 pm

Welcome and I think what this one doesn't have is what I like about it.
Without AB tests we can tell nothing. AB tests tell us nothing.
Silverbass

Postby ReneGiust » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:30 am

Welcome Padre. Good to have a man of the cloth around here. I think. :)
Rene Giust

"When it's all said and done, P basses and cockroaches will roam the Earth." - Harleyyy
ReneGiust
Bouncer

Postby ~lightwaveryder~ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:13 am

" there can be only one"

we are seeing the quickening, when the badassbp site will be the last man standing.

;-)

~lwr~
"The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff."

Dr Carl Sagan

~lightwaveryder~
~lightwaveryder~

Postby Barklessdog » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:18 am

Funny on how many sites there are yet only one magizine can survive???

WTF??

there still has to be 5 at least guitar rags out there?

Did the internet put the bass mags out of business?

What, only guitar players buy magizines- bass players, either dont care or can't afford it?

Non musician fans buy the magizines, and let's face it, most fans I bet don't even know who the bass player is or care (unless he's the singer)?

There are far more guitarists than bass players?

I guess the bottom line is - we as bass players can only support one magizine, but lots of internet sites (yes, I am a whore, but not a post whore)

Also I find all of the bass sites has something different to offer, each having it's own niche. I can enjoy them all.
Barklessdog

Postby ReneGiust » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:03 am

There are far more guitarists than bass players?

That's the one right there I'm pretty sure.
Rene Giust

"When it's all said and done, P basses and cockroaches will roam the Earth." - Harleyyy
ReneGiust
Bouncer

Postby Golem » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:04 am

Father Gino wrote:....... or dumbass bassplayer maybe, but badass? Well, I'm some kind of bass player anyway.

Likewise, Padre. Great to see your grinning mug!

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Postby ghiadub » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Welcome! After being on this site for a while, there really are no other bass sites IMO.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby Sloom » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Hey Padre! I was known (affectionately...??) as "Sloom" over at the auld "Bassnutz" site. We had a nice rally or two over there as I recall. I just checked in here, following a link Funkster laid down over at "The Bassment" site (yuku.com). How be ye? Nice to see you in virtual circulation. On, yes,... wait for it,... ANOTHER BASS PLAYER SITE!!!

Yeeeeeaaahhhhh...heh-heh-heh... only this one looks and feels sort of British. Is it? [smilie=coz.gif]
"Whatever we do, it is what it is, and we do it".
-The Grubs.

Tad Lackluster's Soundcloud
Sloom

Links: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Novera ... 7439378..1

Postby SmittyG » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:48 pm

I used to try to keep up with as many of them as I could find. After finding this one, I don't check out the others as much any more--actually, there is only one other I visit regularly and that is just to window shop the "for sale" section. As someone else said, probably the biggest advantage here is what you don't find. ;)

BTW, welcome aboard.
SmittyG

Links: http://naradaweeps.bandcamp.com
http://facebook.com/solobassist

Postby Funkster » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:46 am

Welcom FG We have hooked up a few times on other sites as well,, This is a great hang, i used to be active on all the forums but I found this place and only do 2 forums now this one and the Bassment, Pete runs a bloody good show over here.
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it.
JFH'Productions

Henry
Funkster

Links: http://www.myspace.com/jfhproductions
http://www.jfhproductions.net
Vintage Fender basses and 70's SVT's that about sums it up for me.

Postby Father Gino » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 am

Wow, you guys are digging this thread up from ancient history! At the time there were more bass sites. Now there are less. I haven't posted here in a while but I still lurk, waiting for an exciting thread like "Lines or no lines on a fretless?" I fear I'm turning into a grumpy old man. My band sucks, job sucks (don't really have one), world in general sucks. You kids get off my lawn!!!

Yes I was a Bassnutz for a while. There was some fun over there, yes? I think i sorta met Funkster once at the Tony Franklin thing in Worcester. I think I inadvertently insulted him [smilie=fun_84.gif] Something about "there are no stupid questions". Sorry if I offended [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Anyway, good to see you here. Now that you're here, go stir up some trouble!!!! [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]
Father Gino

Postby Sloom » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Father Gino wrote:Wow, you guys are digging this thread up from ancient history! At the time there were more bass sites. Now there are less. I haven't posted here in a while but I still lurk, waiting for an exciting thread like "Lines or no lines on a fretless?" I fear I'm turning into a grumpy old man. My band sucks, job sucks (don't really have one), world in general sucks. You kids get off my lawn!!!

Yes I was a Bassnutz for a while. There was some fun over there, yes? I think i sorta met Funkster once at the Tony Franklin thing in Worcester. I think I inadvertently insulted him [smilie=fun_84.gif] Something about "there are no stupid questions". Sorry if I offended [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Anyway, good to see you here. Now that you're here, go stir up some trouble!!!! [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

Thanks, Father!! [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
"Whatever we do, it is what it is, and we do it".
-The Grubs.

Tad Lackluster's Soundcloud
Sloom

Links: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Novera ... 7439378..1

Return to WELCOME