SHOW YOUR RIG

Rig talk.

Moderators: rockinrayduke, treebark55

Re: SHOW YOUR RIG

Postby ghiadub » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:49 pm

Agreed. Charlie, that thing is cool. I should be getting my demeter soon, I kinda wish I would have hit you up. I did not know you were this far along with your own amp, I bet it sounds great.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby Passinwind » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:31 pm

ghiadub wrote:Agreed. Charlie, that thing is cool. I should be getting my demeter soon, I kinda wish I would have hit you up. I did not know you were this far along with your own amp, I bet it sounds great.

I wasn't planning on doing the amp module build until next fall, but circumstances worked to push me into taking a break from the preamp and powering through. Glad I did, since I now have a fully working non-rack rig. Realistically, I won't have anything to sell any too soon anyway though, most likely. Loved the Demeter preamps I've played through, and really looking forward to checking the integrated amps out.
Passinwind

Postby Passinwind » Fri May 22, 2015 10:30 am

Finally got around to getting the permanent front panel done for the power amp:

Bruce, I'll do a back panel pic once I work out my final design, but that's not an especially high priority and I need more gigging time with the preamp before I finalize the feature set.
Passinwind

Postby Mr. Mom » Fri May 22, 2015 10:51 am

Passinwind wrote:Finally got around to getting the permanent front panel done for the power amp:

Bruce, I'll do a back panel pic once I work out my final design, but that's not an especially high priority and I need more gigging time with the preamp before I finalize the feature set.

Sweet!! And no rush on the back panel pic. But hurry up. [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

I've got to stop looking at your creations, PW. [smilie=fun_84.gif]
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Passinwind » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

Mr. Mom wrote:I've got to stop looking at your creations, PW. [smilie=fun_84.gif]

Nyah-nyah. Here are a couple of new onboard preamp builds I'm finishing up:

Music Man Stingray 2-band knockoff, now with more polypropylene for added Doom Boost:

My own new 3-band design, ported from the above 1/2 rack one:

Passinwind

Postby Mr. Mom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:22 am

Passinwind wrote:
Mr. Mom wrote:I've got to stop looking at your creations, PW. [smilie=fun_84.gif]

Nyah-nyah. Here are a couple of new onboard preamp builds I'm finishing up:

Music Man Stingray 2-band knockoff, now with more polypropylene for added Doom Boost:

My own new 3-band design, ported from the above 1/2 rack one:

Crap. Saw you posted recently in this forum and really tried not to look. Couldn't help myself! [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

Looks super nice PW! Especially that 3 band!! :drool
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Jerry » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:33 pm

My rig for mid-size gigs:
Attachments
image.jpg
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby harleyyy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Jerry wrote:My rig for mid-size gigs:

You're gonna need a bigger boat. [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]

See you in 2 months braddah.
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby Passinwind » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Mr. Mom wrote:
Passinwind wrote:Crap. Saw you posted recently in this forum and really tried not to look. Couldn't help myself! [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

Looks super nice PW! Especially that 3 band!! :drool

This week I managed to shrink it by about half:

Passinwind

Postby Mr. Mom » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:36 am

Passinwind wrote:This week I managed to shrink it by about half:

Hmmmmm....Of course just scheming....But a three band with two blend controls for my three pickup bass? Would that be possible, PW?
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Passinwind » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 am

Mr. Mom wrote:Hmmmmm....Of course just scheming....But a three band with two blend controls for my three pickup bass? Would that be possible, PW?

The preamp doesn't care too much what kind of wiring scheme is in front of it, but I'll have to think about that a bit. In general I avoid blend controls though, as they never get to the real sweet spots with my basses. For me the sweet spots are often settings like 87%/94%, or 64%/78%. With three pickups it seems like blends would be an even bigger compromise?

Anyhow, I've now built up 5 of these, in 8 different flavors total via recycling. My two favorites are now in my two basses, three guys are doing test builds, and I'll let things shake out for a while before contemplating whether there's any market for yet another onboard preamp. Doubtful though. At least this whole project didn't cost a fortune like so many of mine tend to. [smilie=fun_84.gif]
Passinwind

Postby aussiemark » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:47 pm

My new hybrid Bassman head with my Neo 610 cab

aussiemark

Postby Smakbass » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:11 pm

I am using a pope 2 channel pre these days. Thinking about adding a 2 x 12 cab of some sort
Attachments
20160213_083323.jpg
Smakbass

Postby 57RIP » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:30 am

Passinwind wrote:Finally got around to getting the permanent front panel done for the power amp:

I got to hear this last week... Pretty much an OMG moment...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby Passinwind » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:17 pm

57RIP wrote:I got to hear this last week... Pretty much an OMG moment...

And it looks like it's now a part of Mal World. That was a really fun build, probably the best one I've done so far in many ways really.

Until the next one at least:

Which won't be making any noise for another week or two. Pretty close to the contents of both those boxes rolled into one, but missing a few trick features due to space constraints.
Passinwind

PreviousNext

Return to AMPLIFICATION