Its lasted almost 2 months

Rig talk.

Moderators: rockinrayduke, treebark55

Its lasted almost 2 months

Postby TSanders » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Its lasted almost 2 months and I still cant get enough of this cab.

My Bergantino NV610 is the first real keeper cab Ive had. Sounds great with every amp Ive tried it with. Its just THE sound and THE feel I want from a cab.

More than just infatuation this time boys. If you like sealed cabs, this one is HEAVEN.

NV610:

formerly ebmuscmanlvr83
Bouncer/BadAss Gear Whore
TSanders
Settled(not) Gear Whore

Re: Its lasted almost 2 months

Postby Slim C » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:40 pm

2 months...and still diggin' it...nice. I like the tolex covering on that cab too. Does it have retractable wheels?
Slim C

Postby aussiemark » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Slim C wrote:I like the tolex covering on that cab too.

+1

For some reason, not many cab manufacturers go with tolex and a metal grille. They seem to pair tolex with a cloth grille and ratfur with metal.
aussiemark

Postby TSanders » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Slim C wrote:2 months...and still diggin' it...nice. I like the tolex covering on that cab too. Does it have retractable wheels?

Thanks. Im with you and Mark on the tolex. It looks SO sweet, more so than the pics even show.

It actually has the tilt and roll/dolly/fridge style wheels with a handle in the rear. This cab is only 36"H x 24"W x 15"D and 98 pounds. Not bad for a 6x10.
formerly ebmuscmanlvr83
TSanders
Settled(not) Gear Whore

Postby andrew » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:14 am

It shocks me that given how good the NV cabs sound that more manufacturers havn't clued into the design. Sealed, tweeterless cabs are very uncommon.

As much as I love the portability and weight of the NV610 if Bergantino made an 8x10 I think the Ampeg 810 would be in real trouble. As much as the NV610 beats the Ampeg 810 in weight, tone and volume the bigger is better mentality still haunts many players. Bergantino could probably do an 810 in the ballpark of 120 lbs., and that'd be a phenomenal box.
andrew

Postby oogie boogie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:38 am

Does that thing have any compression horn or other high-frequency driver?
oogie boogie

Postby aussiemark » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 pm

oogie boogie wrote:Does that thing have any compression horn or other high-frequency driver?

Nope. Isn't that wonderful? Two thumbs up from me.
aussiemark

Postby TSanders » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:08 pm

oogie boogie wrote:Does that thing have any compression horn or other high-frequency driver?

Nope. Doesnt seem to need it. My highs are tame but clean and clear without being harsh, etc. The smoothest high end Ive ever heard.

By the way, Im still flipping over this cab. Its never going anywhere.
formerly ebmuscmanlvr83
TSanders
Settled(not) Gear Whore

Postby Bob Amstadt » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:40 pm

Congrats! It is always nice to find the gear that does the job for you. For me, it was when I finally bought my Accugroove cabs. These are the first cabs that have made me happy. I'm nearing two years with these cabs now and still have no regrets.
Looperlative Audio Products
http://www.looperlative.com
Bob Amstadt
Bouncer

Postby Freddels » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:43 am

ebmuscmanlvr83 wrote:By the way, Im still flipping over this cab. Its never going anywhere.

And it's up for sale on TB (not sure if mentioning TB gets my post deleted or not but it seemed to last time).
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby TSanders » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:50 am

Freddels wrote:
ebmuscmanlvr83 wrote:By the way, Im still flipping over this cab. Its never going anywhere.

And it's up for sale on TB (not sure if mentioning TB gets my post deleted or not but it seemed to last time).

Im going to run it for a day or two, but thats its (only to downsize a bit). However, Im subject to change my mind at any minute.
formerly ebmuscmanlvr83
TSanders
Settled(not) Gear Whore

Next

Return to AMPLIFICATION