G&L BABP Limited Edition L2500

Leo's "Final Frontier"

Moderators: rockinrayduke, Templar, GGJaguar, spideyjg, Flash

Re: G&L BABP Limited Edition L2500

Postby harleyyy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:20 am

jimtoonz wrote:
I was asking the question about GOT since there were fingerboard options being offered and having options at all appeared to take this out of true "LE" status in which every unit in the run is built to exactly the same specs. At that point, it's minimally 3 distinct LEs. I do understand that managing a large batch of open-spec custom orders would be a dealer nightmare and was not trying to increase the difficulty. It was just my feeling that an instrument this distinctive, to be owned by such a cool and diverse group of individuals, would be even more unique and coveted with the GOT option, that's all. Thanks for clarifying.

Now, where did I put that bottle of Tru-Oil?

The only difference with the V's will be the finger board. We weighed it out, and decided it wasn't enough to "take this out of true "LE" status", as they will be labeled and serialized, and the remaining specs are the same. Price points taken into consideration, Binding, Tolex case, GOT, etc. , didn't make much sense, compared to what has been offered. With that, the option of 3 finger boards, creates an even more limited "LE", #__ of __ but __ of__ with_( insert specific finger board option here). Along with G&L's request for 10 of ea., this helped to render and finalize the decision.
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:04 am

If I went for one of these, I'd like nice dark rosewood.

Mike
Real Dark Rosewood
But the rainbow has a beard.

Models 1917 and 29 Man
Mike

Location: NYC State of Mind (In A Second Amendment Kinda Way)

Postby oogie boogie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:52 pm

If most everyone wants GOT, why not just change the spec for all of them and make that the standard? It seems like that's the option folks are into. One call for a fretless ebony, one RW, everyone else maple, no face dots...that I saw (just skimming). Any word on the SC option for the series/parallel switch? Last I heard, research was being done, but no answer at the time. Has that changed?
oogie boogie

Postby Flash » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:15 pm

oogie boogie wrote:If most everyone wants GOT, why not just change the spec for all of them and make that the standard? It seems like that's the option folks are into. One call for a fretless ebony, one RW, everyone else maple, no face dots...that I saw (just skimming). Any word on the SC option for the series/parallel switch? Last I heard, research was being done, but no answer at the time. Has that changed?

#1) Most everyone does NOT want GOT and most people who are interested have e-mailed me like I requested so you're not going to see the real numbers on this thread. Most people want rosewood if you really want to know.

#2) This is the 5 string version of the LE we already did. We are giving fingerboard options this time because G&L is no longer offering fretted ebony like the L2000 LE had and we wanted to offer a fretless. If this was not the case, the options would be fretted or fretless ebony, period.

#3) We are waiting for a prototype of this bass just to verify everything is cool with the switching. I've never seen an L2500 with the single coil option and I just want to make sure if sounds as good as the 4 string.
Flash

Postby oogie boogie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:24 pm

Flash wrote:
oogie boogie wrote:If most everyone wants GOT, why not just change the spec for all of them and make that the standard? It seems like that's the option folks are into. One call for a fretless ebony, one RW, everyone else maple, no face dots...that I saw (just skimming). Any word on the SC option for the series/parallel switch? Last I heard, research was being done, but no answer at the time. Has that changed?

#1) Most everyone does NOT want GOT and most people who are interested have e-mailed me like I requested so you're not going to see the real numbers on this thread. Most people want rosewood if you really want to know.

#2) This is the 5 string version of the LE we already did. We are giving fingerboard options this time because G&L is no longer offering fretted ebony like the L2000 LE had and we wanted to offer a fretless. If this was not the case, the options would be fretted or fretless ebony, period.

#3) We are waiting for a prototype of this bass just to verify everything is cool with the switching. I've never seen an L2500 with the single coil option and I just want to make sure if sounds as good as the 4 string.

Thank you, I really did want to know. Indeed that is a shame about the Ebony. I'm sure it would have been the cat's meow. As for the SC... I hope it sounds even better than the 4-string . So will the RW board have no dots on the face?
oogie boogie

Postby jimtoonz » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:23 pm

If there are less than 10 requests for any particular FB, does that option fall off the board?
jimtoonz

Postby 1954bassman » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:33 am

Another fretless ebony, but my cash is tight.

Mark
Mark

Bass with Grace

The Older I Get,
the less I knew
1954bassman

Postby Flash » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:54 am

I need everyone who hasn't e-mailed me directly who wants one to do so (matt@guitarmannyc.com). A number of you have only posted here and I need to get the numbers straight.
Flash

Postby canuck0921 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:03 pm

BABP LE, maple fretted, Lefty model.
canuck0921

Postby felig » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:14 pm

harleyyy wrote:Fred, we gotcha covered bro, hope things are better for you.
Thanks, Pete! Actually, things are fine here--just expensive getting old!

BTW--I just got my latest Premier Guitar & read Kebo's column. Sounds like he was talking about someone we all know & love well.
felig

PreviousNext

Return to G&L