1957 Kay C-1 (Sacramento, CA) Trade?

This forum is for active members of this community only. Do not make your first post here @ BABP's a for sale ad, it will be deleted !
All items posted on and sold through BABP's for a value exceeding $100, will require a 5% fee of the total price by the seller, once the item has been considered sold through this site. Payment can be completed with the Paypal buttons at the top or bottom, or by money order (email or PM me for address ). All items posted, must be music related. Links to ads or auctions, third party sales, or posts outside of the For Sale Forum are subject to warning or deletion without notice. Once an item sells, edit the title with "SOLD", and bump it to the top. Any items not sold after 90 days will be deleted. Use your own discretion with whom you are dealing with. No third party sales Only registered members can post, anyone can read. Make sure to specify exactly what forms of payment are accepted and shipping date, in accordance to payment. Badassbassplayers.com assumes ZERO responsibility on any transactions, but may assist with any dispute at our discretion. Only known dealers and builders who are members, along with administrative approval, are allowed to post and are asked to donate from sales here.
Thank you for your support

Moderators: nolabass, harleyyy

1957 Kay C-1 (Sacramento, CA) Trade?

Postby DigthemLows » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 am

Bought this from our own Kennan about 8 years ago.....it's a good one as far as playability and tone (even, with a nice loud E string). I'm just not an upright guy and anytime I've played it, there was more gimmick to it than talent, which always made me wish I had my electric. The price on these out there is all over the place, and this one does have a small neck repair (done even before Kennan had it, and it's still holding) ...... I'm thinking $1700 or best offer??

Here's my spiel for Craigslist......
These old basses are inconsistent, this is one of the GREAT ones!! Nice booming sound, even tone across the strings, sounds great acoustic or plugged in. It comes with the original Bow, although I have nylon wrapped steel strings on it so you can't bow it, I have steel strings to include as well as an extra bridge. There wear from using it, but nothing bad, the scrolls are both intact, the tuners are original and work. This is a players bass, Its seen many stages but been treated with respect......I'm just not as much of an upright guy even when I'm playing honkytonk or bluegrass..........Like most Kays over 50 years it does have a neck repair, I've had this bass for 8 years, I bought it from a guy who had it for 20 and when he bought it there was already the repair on the neck and it hasn't budged.
I'm open to trades for an electric bass of equal or greater value (I can add some cash). Old Fenders, Mike Lull, Lakland??? Worst I can do is say no right? These basses go for 2000k to 3000k when in great condition, and I'll say this one probably sounds and plays better than any of them, but it's valued right where one with a neck repair should be..........

I don't have anything to ship this in, so I'd prefer Sac/Bay area..........but ya know, if you want it and can help me with how to ship it, I can talk...........

here's the repair..... Image

"Remember; we are not defined by our jobs, our jobs are defined by us" -Kennan Shaw
"I meant what I said, I said what I meant, an elephants faithful 100%" -Horton
http://www.myspace.com/sactoemusic
http://www.starsandgarters.net
DigthemLows
Bouncer

Return to FOR SALE