The Wal Forum

Electric Wood

Moderators: rockinrayduke, hippiesandwich

Re: The Wal Forum

Postby bassplace » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:00 pm

hippiesandwich wrote:Wow, that is seriously cool (and rare) - I've never seen a Pro like that (w/o a guard).
You've got to appreciate entertainment AND education together! Thanks & welcome! :)

I think Pete told me (a few years ago) that he made 2 or 3 like this. It was right around when the MkI's started coming out. Date on the neck is Mar 30, 1981. It was a bit experimental which you could see if you went inside the back. Leftover JG back plate, Custom Bass on the headstock. Electronics are a bit fragile but the bass has the mojo! - dunc
bassplace

Postby GLJeff » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:16 pm

Lots of very nice basses [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
GLJeff

Postby oddio » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:08 pm

Now this place is really starting to feel like home! It's great to see everyone checking in here... the word gets around fast
oddio

Postby Erkindanger! » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:57 pm

I like it here - Lowell, Pete and Oddio were some of the very first people I met on the Pit Wal-bangers' forum, so it does feel like home!

Brendan
Erkindanger!

Postby harleyyy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Yep! Some longlasting friendships exist around here. You might be surprised looking the member list Brendan [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Hope this forum suits your needs.

P
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby M5Yates » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:34 am

My 5'er

M5Yates

Postby hippiesandwich » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:35 am

Erkindanger! wrote:
hippiesandwich wrote:Yo Brendan, how many pucks do you think the Sharks can put past Luongo on Thursday? [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Hopefully at least one less than the 'Nucks can put behind Nabokov! [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Brendan

Oh well, since the Sharks are now 4-0 against the 'Nucks in the regular season Vancouver is practically assured victory if we meet in the playoffs. ;)

Oh yeah, Wal basses rule! [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif] [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
Looser is the opposite of tighter, not winner.
hippiesandwich
Bouncer

Postby hippiesandwich » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:36 am

M5Yates wrote:My 5'er

NICE! Looks like Janek Gwizdala's old one.
Looser is the opposite of tighter, not winner.
hippiesandwich
Bouncer

Postby Erkindanger! » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:08 am

Mmm, that's some yummy schedua on that Mk III!

And on an un-related note:
%*&!*$@ Canuckleheads! [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

Brendan
Erkindanger!

Postby Dmaron » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:07 am

Ahoy!

Here you guys are! This place is great! Thanks to Barry B for giving me the "Heads Up" in the Wal Basses Naturally email box. Hope you guys had a happy new year! I got a Digital Cam for Xmas, time to start uploading PICS so I can hang with you fellas!

Take care all - Dennis
Dmaron

Postby bbocaner » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:43 am

Hey Dennis! Good to see you here!! We still need to get together sometime!

We need to recruit Chris F here as he's our news source and lifeline. ;)

I'm planning to do my own introductory post and some photos of my stable, but I've been so darn busy this week!

MEGA thanks to harleyyy for hooking us up!
bbocaner

Postby AlEebee » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Well hello there. Some lovely basses there. Here's my baby. Pro1 from around March 82 upgraded to Custom electrics Sept 96. Yummy, well I think so

WalPB.jpg
AlEebee

Postby Arwid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi from Finland,
This is my Wal 5 string. There was a time when I thought that I'd never own a Wal (I've wanted a Wal 20+ years), but luckily found this one locally about a year ago. Now I just need another 5 string.... or a midiwal ..or mark3 ..or :)
Arwid

Postby Erkindanger! » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:15 am

Welcome Arwid! That's a great-looking Mk II you have there - is that an ebony fingerboard? It looks sexy without the face-dots!

Welcome AlEebee! Do you miss the tone of your bass from when it had the ProI electronics? I have Pro and Custom basses, and although they sound very different from eachother, I love the tone of both!

Cheers,
Brendan
Erkindanger!

Postby Arwid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:45 am

Thank you Brendan
Fingerboard is indeed Macassar ebony as this bass was fretless when it left the wal factory. First I thought that I'd put the dots in because I'ts a bit difficult for me to play without dots, but then I realized how good it looks without them and skipped that plan
Arwid

PreviousNext

Return to WAL