Page 1 of 4

The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:10 pm
by harleyyy
Due to recent requests, and Lowell owning huge stock, this forum is our latest addition for you Wal afficianados to celebrate and discuss all things Wal, from the late Ian Waller'and Pete Steven's fine works of art / tone monsters.

WELCOME WAL-NUTS ! [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 pm
by DaveyG67
Let me be the first in then... I Loves me some Wals! My first two that I acquired, '79 & '81 Pro IIe ...followed by a 2003 Custom MKI.
Image
Image

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:23 am
by andrew
Nice collection Lowell! What's the compartment in the pickguard on your sunburst single p.u. bass for?

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:45 am
by oddio
Hello everyone! Now this looks like a truly promising place to hang!!!

Image

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:47 am
by harleyyy
oddio wrote:Hello everyone! Now this looks like a truly promising place to hang!!!


Oddio welcome, that is a beauty there man! [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:49 am
by andrew
That's a crazy looking topwood! Very cool. What kind of wood is it Andrew?

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:53 am
by harleyyy
andrew wrote:That's a crazy looking topwood! Very cool. What kind of wood is it Andrew?



I believe its beechwood.

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:56 am
by oddio
So this is where you have all been hiding. It's great to see both you and Lowell again after all this time!

Thanks Harley and everyone... I truly had a spell of good luck out there. It's the only beech Wal I've seen, although I understand that there might be at least one other. Pete sure could cut a piece of wood!

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:44 pm
by hippiesandwich
oddio wrote:So this is where you have all been hiding. It's great to see both you and Lowell again after all this time!

Thanks Harley and everyone... I truly had a spell of good luck out there. It's the only beech Wal I've seen, although I understand that there might be at least one other. Pete sure could cut a piece of wood!


Blondie is one of my all time favorite Wals. Here is a shot of the other beech Wal (note the standard pickup placement):
Image

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 pm
by bejahu
Cool! BadAssWalPlayers!
blue wal face.jpg
Old Bluey
blue wal whole bass.jpg
Mark I Full.jpg
2000 Mark 1

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
by hippiesandwich
BEN!!!

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:28 pm
by oddio
hippiesandwich wrote:Blondie is one of my all time favorite Wals. Here is a shot of the other beech Wal (note the standard pickup placement)
Very cool! The facings look be from the same piece of wood as Blondie - or at least it has similar "flames" around the pickups. Awesome, Lowell. Thank you.

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:16 pm
by hippiesandwich
andrew wrote:Nice collection Lowell! What's the compartment in the pickguard on your sunburst single p.u. bass for?


Battery box for the pro1e models (the 'e' for active electronics), everything was top routed on those models.

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:24 am
by bejahu
Lowell, Happy New Year, my friend. It has been WAY too long since we've chatted. Hope that all is well.

Ben

Re: The Wal Forum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:49 am
by gotj
Nice to see you guys around the neighborhood. Pix coming soon!!

George

PS Happy new year to all!!