Grabbed another Spector

Custom builds, high end, rare basses, and all other bass brands.

Grabbed another Spector

Postby Johnny_B_Badd » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Yeah, I know, I had little interest in any other Spector since my last one. But hey, a deal is a deal. :) Once the new playtoy arrives, I'll get some pics of it up. And no, I am still a Leo fan! Just needed a little change of pace with this surgery coming up.
Tube Amplification and a Full Range cabinet. Life just doesn't get any louder... :)
Johnny_B_Badd

Re: Grabbed another Spector

Postby Floyd Eye » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:58 pm

I just ordered 1 of the last 3 Mike Starr Signature NS4LXs. It should be here in a week or two. I really wanted an NS2 with the Haz pre, but they're about 5k, so that will have to wait until next year.

The Starr bass was brought out at Namm last year and was limited to the 2015 production year. They were going for $3500 (ish) last year. I got mine for $2500 brand new from the Czech factory. I'm really stoked about it.
Floyd Eye

Postby Floyd Eye » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:06 pm

The bass arrived on the 19th of February and I have not molested any of my other basses since. This bass flat kicks ass. Best sounding and best playing bass I have ever had. It begs to be slapped and tapped. I am not really a slapping tapper, but my technique is getting much better. This bass has not been played with a pick by me at all and being that I am primarily a 4001 guy I naturally excel at playing with a pick. Anyone who dislikes the Tone Pump doesn't know what they are doing with it. It is easily the nicest preamp I have ever tried.

There are a few things of note. First of all, the TP pre has a trim pot and you need to dial this down to somewhere between 40 and 60% or it will most likely clip your input. These things are very hot. When intonating the bass keep in mind that it has a locking bridge. You must loosen the 2 screws on either side of the bridge BEFORE you adjust the saddles. After you are done tighten the screws. Very nice feature. The bass will not automatically come with a case. That's an extra $162 and the Spector HSC that you will get is a piece of shit. Save your money and just buy an Anvil from the get go.

I highly recommend the Czech NS4LX. It is a superior machine, especially through an SVT II/fridge rig.

Also, they invoiced me for $2299, not $2499 and charged no tax and no shipping.
Floyd Eye

Postby GonzoBass » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Pics!
[smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass
Global Bouncer

Links: .
Tools:
Steinberger XP2 Workhorse (DB Bridge)
Steinberger XP2 (B-E-A-D)
Steinberger XP2A (Back Up)
Wilkat GonzoBass #001
Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz
EBMM Stingray Natural/Maple
Xavier Custom 6 String
Ibanez AEB10K Acoustic
Dean Rhapsody 8 String
Carvin BK2A Fretless
Gibson EB3 (Project)
Epiphone Newport EBS
Synsonic Half Scale
Fender Mandolin
A couple Flea Ukuleles
and a few guitars...

Rigs:
Small-
GK MB112 combo
Medium-
GK MB500
GK 2x10 Neo
Large-
GK 1001 Mark II 2x10 combo
GK 1x15 RBS

Effects:
Line 6 Bass POD XT Live
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer

Postby funkeebassmark » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Sexy! Reminds me of the one Sting played on the Synchronicity tour!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
funkeebassmark

Return to ONE OF A KIND AND THE OTHERS