Yamaha BB424X

Custom builds, high end, rare basses, and all other bass brands.

Yamaha BB424X

Postby Rhian Batson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Just played one of these used (like new condition) at my LMS and man, that is one slick bass. I really dug it anyhow. Excellent fit n finish (metallic Red body, maple neck, RW fretboard) with clean n' low action and a nice neck profile front to back. I immediately gravitated to slap and tapping with it because of the comfy set up and the clean piano like tone - very percussive sounds if you want to go there. If anything it could almost be too clean and could be a bit thin and honky with the J pickup dimed. Passive V/T/3way switch was the guts with stock Yami pickups. I have been in the market for a 5 string and based on this experience I will have to look into the Yamaha BB425X 5-String pictured below.

For the $340.00[used] they were asking for it, not a bad bass at all. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Re: Yamaha BB424X

Postby nolabass » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 pm

I had an 80s BB1200S with the reversed P Pups I loved. It was stolen from my car after a gig. Still watch eBay for one to pop up when I have money. Which is never. i replaced the pups but always loved the feel and punch of those. I really like Yamaha's versions of Ps and Js.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Mr. Mom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:21 am

Love the Yammy BB's BUT they tend to neckdive on me. Not sure if that's common or not.

But yeah, really great basses.
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby MickeyOne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:11 am

Just parted with a BB425 and was real impressed with Yamaha. 5 strings is another story.
MickeyOne

Return to ONE OF A KIND AND THE OTHERS