Brian Bromberg B24

Custom builds, high end, rare basses, and all other bass brands.

Brian Bromberg B24

Postby Rhian Batson » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:27 am

Pretty neat bass design. I know this isn't at all new, none the less I have always been impressed with the thought behind his design. Anyone ever play one of these?

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Re: Brian Bromberg B24

Postby Golem » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:17 pm

`

IIRC, Peavey used to make the BB sig model, and
I seem to recollect it having zero balls. Makes a
bit of logical sense, given BB's affinity for playing
piccolo bass ... again, thaz IIRC :-/

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Postby Freddels » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:48 pm

A friend of mine ordered a fretless version with the coated fingerboard. I played it when he first got it. I thought it was built well and played nice but was a little too bright for my tastes. I preferred my SB4000 with the tone knob. He decided to return it within the 10 day trial period.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby MickeyOne » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Brian Bromberg is from Tucson and many of his (early) basses were built by a local luthier named Bob Mick.

Brian still loves Bob's work and I would not be surprised if his current designs were influenced by Bob.

Bob started building basses in the 90's (I have an early 5 string) and his designs were based on Mike Tobias' work.
MickeyOne

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:34 am

I played one of his signature basses years ago when they were being produced by Dean IIRC - some fugly blue/green color with gold hardware. I liked the design and ergonomics of it - especially the access above the twelfth fret however I did not care for the Piezo at all. None the less I would like to give one of these Carvins a go. I do like the thought in design and EQ/pickup - the onboard master gain for example makes great sense to me. I thought the tones on the video were tasteful and varied.
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Return to ONE OF A KIND AND THE OTHERS