Got this coming.

Custom builds, high end, rare basses, and all other bass brands.

Re: Got this coming.

Postby hmagman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 pm

nolabass wrote:OH MY GOD....... now that's PINK! [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

LOL!

Yup, that's a pink bass...
Harry
hmagman

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:23 pm

hmagman wrote:
nolabass wrote:OH MY GOD....... now that's PINK! [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

LOL!

Yup, that's a pink bass...

Not just pink - as my grandpa would say, that there is hot titty pink! [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Freddels » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 pm

The pickup configuration is interesting. I guessing the 5 way rotary is bridge; bridge/middle; all 3; middle/neck; neck. Is just the neck pickup a bit woofy (is that a word)?
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Mr. Mom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Freddels wrote:The pickup configuration is interesting. I guessing the 5 way rotary is bridge; bridge/middle; all 3; middle/neck; neck. Is just the neck pickup a bit woofy (is that a word)?

Well I'll be a sonuva.....It IS pick. I hadn't noticed!! [smilie=fun_84.gif] And the kicker is it's more pinkerer in person.

Volume. Tone. 5 way toggle (neck, neck/middle, middle, middle/bridge, bridge).

Only bad thing about this bass is the tone control sucks. It's either on or off. And when it's on it's just mud.
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:18 pm

Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Freddels » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Mr. Mom wrote:
Freddels wrote:The pickup configuration is interesting. I guessing the 5 way rotary is bridge; bridge/middle; all 3; middle/neck; neck. Is just the neck pickup a bit woofy (is that a word)?

Well I'll be a sonuva.....It IS pick. I hadn't noticed!! [smilie=fun_84.gif] And the kicker is it's more pinkerer in person.

Volume. Tone. 5 way toggle (neck, neck/middle, middle, middle/bridge, bridge).

Only bad thing about this bass is the tone control sucks. It's either on or off. And when it's on it's just mud.

Middle alone is much more useful. The tone control is an easy fix. Just change out the pot and possibly the cap.
Freddels

Postby Freddels » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Cool vid. It sounds pretty darn good. I like that middle pickup and the middle/bridge tone.

It's a very Jetson bass. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

I'd slap some flats on it.
Freddels

Postby jshilgebass » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Personally, I kinda like the pink, subtle as it is. [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Okay Bruce, you're part way there...now that we have seen pics of the actual bass, it's time to see this bass slung around the neck of a certain frozen Ohio low-ender under battle field conditions. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby Mr. Mom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 am

That bass that's reviewed is this actual bass. I think. 'Bout 90% sure.

Oh yeah, on a gig. Trying to untangle the IEM's and adjusting the relief after the first set.

Bruce with pink bass.jpg

Bruce with silly face and pink bass.jpg
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mr. Mom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:47 am

Freddels wrote:
Middle alone is much more useful. The tone control is an easy fix. Just change out the pot and possibly the cap.

Middle and middle/bridge as my two early favs. Bridge soloed is also very nice. Not that banjo tone that a vast majority of bridge pickups have.

I've been scheming about getting a Stellartone Tonestyler pedal. Going to go the passive route on my Scheff and plan on using the Stellartone and a fDeck HPF Series 3 as my tone controls. And my hands and pickup configurations.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mr. Mom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Hey guys, go here to and see if you can access a couple of samples of this bass on Soundcloud.

Blue Monk is just the head. I change pickup settings, starting at the neck and working my way towards the bridge, every time around.

A Meters-ish bass line is the other one. I change pickup settings from neck to bridge every other time through the bass line. I think? You'll hear it.

I really, really, REALLY (No. Really.) tried to play consistently and with the same hand positions and fingerings the whole time. I think it's good enough that you'll get the picture.

Strings are brand spankin' new D'Addario nickels, 45-105's. Recorded through a Mackie 1608 onto the Voicerecorder app with no EQ or compression at all.

Oh yeah: And I didn't slap. You're welcome.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby jshilgebass » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Bruce, you are my hero. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif] Pics AND soundclips! Above and beyond my greatest expectations.

That bass is really growing on me. If the guys who came up with this get enough money to start developing a 5 string version I would seriously consider getting one. But I could certainly roll with a 4-string one at my gigs.

I'll keep an eye on the FS section... [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby Rhian Batson » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 pm

I'm not really much of a fan of SCPBs but I have to admit that bass has some really nice n growly tones. I think it could produce some thick, aggressive pic tones. Can't you see David Ellefson in the studio laying down some devastating lines with a pink bass? Also, your clips sound way better than the YT review IMO. What are you using to record your tracks?

Unfortunately, the looks alone do it in for me though. I guess I'm shallow like that. [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Postby Rob Francis » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Nice Bruce sounds good!
Rob Francis

Postby nolabass » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Bass has Grunt.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass