Genz Neo Pak 3.5

Rig talk.

Genz Neo Pak 3.5

Postby ghiadub » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:20 pm

I played a festival gig over the weekend and the backline was a Genz Neo Pak 3.5 sitting on a Huge Peavey 2x15". Way old school, but it was very dynamic and expressive.

Clean with a light touch, but nice compression and a bit of hair when you dig in. I had a great time with it.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Re: Genz Neo Pak 3.5

Postby SonicBlueJoe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I've got a NeoPak, and it was one of the best deals I ever scored. Picked it up for $265 shipped off the TB classified to back up my Streamliner. Came with a GB carry bag, a Tung Sol Gold 12ax7, and had been modded at the factory to do 2 ohms (a common mod done on this amp). Your description includes all the things I love about it. I pull it out at rehearsal from time to time, and if I had to go to it on a gig, I wouldn't be the least bit worried. Just tells me GB has been making great products for quite awhile now.
SonicBlueJoe

Links: Current Gig: http://www.badluckandtroubleweb.com/fr_home.cfm

Current Gear: Lakland Joe Osborn 5, Lakland Hollowbody, BABP LE G&L L1000, Bergantino IP310, Bergantino AE410, Aquilar DB680, Alembic F-1X, Genz Benz Streamliner 600

Postby Freddels » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 pm

I've had one for several years (bought it new in 2007).
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Freddels » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm

ghiadub wrote:I played a festival gig over the weekend and the backline was a Genz Neo Pak 3.5 sitting on a Huge Peavey 2x15". Way old school, but it was very dynamic and expressive.

Clean with a light touch, but nice compression and a bit of hair when you dig in. I had a great time with it.

I'm looking at an old Peavey 215. I think it might match up pretty will with my GK 800RB.
Freddels

Postby nolabass » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 pm

I imagine there have been more than a few happy bass players with that rig on stage. 400 or 800RB rocks a 2x15 cab.[smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif] [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

I like those Peavey 2x15s. The ones with the chrome strips on the sides.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Freddels » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I was playing the new Headliner 15's and it was a great sounding cab and only $250 new. There's a local 215 and the guy is asking $200. I want to check it out.
Freddels

Postby hmagman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:08 am

Wow, two fifteens...it's been awhile. Maybe a revisit is in order.
Harry
hmagman

Postby Freddels » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Freddels wrote:I was playing the new Headliner 15's and it was a great sounding cab and only $250 new. There's a local 215 and the guy is asking $200. I want to check it out.

It turned out to be the narrow one not the one that is 18" deep so I passed.
Freddels

Return to AMPLIFICATION