Whats the ultimate single cab?

Rig talk.

Whats the ultimate single cab?

Postby eno55 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:42 am

If you could only take or use one cab for your gigs ,what would it be?....
It must be able to cover the lows well and the highs..
It must be portabe
It must be able to take alot of power in todays world of highpower classD amps
It must be able to handle 99% of your gigs......
Any Ideas out there?
I have been a monster cab owner for years,810's 2-15's 18-2-10s ,and I never thought I could do without those cabs,to me nothing sounds like an ampeg 8-10 ,you just can't get that sound and feel... but I have to downsize due to back surgery and as bad as I hate too,I'am going to let go of my big cabs and find me something else that I can move around ,something I can feel on stage too...
I'am maybe wishing for something thats not there,but I will give it a shot,I have been out of the loop in bass cab technology

Eno
eno55

Re: Whats the ultimate single cab?

Postby Freddels » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:06 am

FearLess F215 about 65-70 lbs. You can also get it done in a fiberglass composite that will weigh significantly less (but the price goes up).

http://bnaaudio.com/products/fearless215.htm
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Passinwind » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 am

The Audiokinesis Thunderchild 212AF deserves consideration. 40-48 lbs depending on construction (composite or wood), handles the 900 watt class amps with no worries. This one is a bit more aggressive sounding than the 112 or 115 ones. This pic is from the Boise TB GTG last weekend, Michael Manring playing through my DIY amp rig and the TC 212AF, which is the cab on the right. The other cab is a 15/12, and probably a lot closer to the fridge vibe. Dunno if Duke is going to mass produce it or not though. He also has an 18/12 about ready to go.

Passinwind

Postby Mr. Mom » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:50 am

No foolin'.

Doesn't have to be this particular brand. But something in the ballpark quality-wise. The Atrios are actaully rather inexpensive. It's disturbingly good sounding. Like hearing yourself (and the whole mix) through good studio monitors.

And light?? Fuggedabowdit. Stupid light.
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby harleyyy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Lovin' my Bergantino AE series cabs (4x10,2x12). My SVT's haven't been moved in a long time.
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby nolabass » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:35 pm

I like Acme Low B 4x10 but its heavy. Have not played as many cabs as these guys though.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Jerry » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:32 pm

My Bergantino AE212 took care of my GAS for band gig cabinets, but for my duo gigs I've been flirting with the smaller Audiokinesis cabs, the 212 cab Passinwind has probably kills.
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby Freddels » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Check out this new FearLess 112

http://www.youtube.com/v/Fwkq5ibZ66U
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Passinwind » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Jerry wrote:My Bergantino AE212 took care of my GAS for band gig cabinets, but for my duo gigs I've been flirting with the smaller Audiokinesis cabs, the 212 cab Passinwind has probably kills.

I actually have the 112 Jer. For a duo gig it does in fact kill... [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]

Loved the AE212 and AE410 cabs I've tried at GTGs, but they're both out of production, right?
Passinwind

Postby Jerry » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:54 am

Passinwind wrote:
Jerry wrote:My Bergantino AE212 took care of my GAS for band gig cabinets, but for my duo gigs I've been flirting with the smaller Audiokinesis cabs, the 212 cab Passinwind has probably kills.

I actually have the 112 Jer. For a duo gig it does in fact kill... [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]

Loved the AE212 and AE410 cabs I've tried at GTGs, but they're both out of production, right?

Yeah, and like a idiot I didn't snag an AE112 before Jim stopped making them.
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby hmagman » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 am

Bergie AE212... [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif] makes me smile!
Harry
hmagman

Postby aussiemark » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 pm

My go-to cab is my Markbass CL410. Sealed 4x10, 60lbs - gets used on 60% of my gigs - I have a Fender Neo 610 and a Fliptops 115 for larger and smaller gigs respectively.
aussiemark

Postby MickeyOne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 pm

aussiemark wrote:My go-to cab is my Markbass CL410. Sealed 4x10, 60lbs - gets used on 60% of my gigs - I have a Fender Neo 610 and a Fliptops 115 for larger and smaller gigs respectively.

+1 on the Markbass 4x10 Not a mini cab at 60+ lbs. I have mine on casters. Damn glad I don't live on the 3rd floor anymore.
MickeyOne

Postby Chucko » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 am

I got a fEARful 15/6/1 to replace a pair of Acme Low B-2s. It will get louder than the pair of Acmes, given enough power. The fEARful actually makes more low bass (the Acmes had a serious mid-bass hump; their frequency response is nowhere near flat). And at 51 lbs, it weighs what one of the Acmes did.
Chucko

Postby Jerry » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:51 pm

I have a Glasstone Lil G incoming, will report back in a couple weeks.
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Next

Return to AMPLIFICATION