Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Rig talk.

Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby steveonbass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 am

I recently purchased a fender musicmaster bass amp and I need to source a set of new power tubes (6V6 GTA). Where do y'all buy your tubes. Not sure about the going rate for a NOS set. Prices are always all over the place. Any suggestions?
peace
-steve
myspace
User avatar
steveonbass
Bouncer
 
Location: Boston

Re: Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby harleyyy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am

steveonbass wrote:I recently purchased a fender musicmaster bass amp and I need to source a set of new power tubes (6V6 GTA). Where do y'all buy your tubes. Not sure about the going rate for a NOS set. Prices are always all over the place. Any suggestions?


Right here Steve, reasonable prices...

http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
Image
User avatar
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum
 
Location: Bad Ass, Ca
Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Re: Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby steveonbass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am

harleyyy wrote:
steveonbass wrote:I recently purchased a fender musicmaster bass amp and I need to source a set of new power tubes (6V6 GTA). Where do y'all buy your tubes. Not sure about the going rate for a NOS set. Prices are always all over the place. Any suggestions?


Right here Steve, reasonable prices...

http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm


Thanks for the link Pete. No 6v6 GTA tubes there. I can ebay them. Tube suppliers, IME, generally, dont seem very skilled in the ways of e-commerce. Navigating info on tube sites, in my experience, feels like reading Ed Romans blog.
peace
-steve
myspace
User avatar
steveonbass
Bouncer
 
Location: Boston

Re: Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby harleyyy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:04 pm

steveonbass wrote:
harleyyy wrote:
steveonbass wrote:I recently purchased a fender musicmaster bass amp and I need to source a set of new power tubes (6V6 GTA). Where do y'all buy your tubes. Not sure about the going rate for a NOS set. Prices are always all over the place. Any suggestions?


Right here Steve, reasonable prices...

http://www.eurotubes.com/index.htm


Thanks for the link Pete. No 6v6 GTA tubes there. I can ebay them. Tube suppliers, IME, generally, dont seem very skilled in the ways of e-commerce. Navigating info on tube sites, in my experience, feels like reading Ed Romans blog.


Ha ha, ok. Are you looking for vintage NOS, reissues, or new?
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
Image
User avatar
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum
 
Location: Bad Ass, Ca
Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Re: Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby steveonbass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 pm

After searching for a while and making a few phone calls, I bought a NOS set of RCAs on ebay. RCAs are ideal for this amp and I'm impatient and just pulled the trigger. I'll probably own a new Weber ceramic 12 before the day is out. [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]
peace
-steve
myspace
User avatar
steveonbass
Bouncer
 
Location: Boston

Re: Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby harleyyy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:11 pm

steveonbass wrote:After searching for a while and making a few phone calls, I bought a NOS set of RCAs on ebay. RCAs are ideal for this amp and I'm impatient and just pulled the trigger. I'll probably own a new Weber ceramic 12 before the day is out. [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]


[smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
Image
User avatar
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum
 
Location: Bad Ass, Ca
Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Re: Need to buy some tubes. Suggestions?

Postby 57RIP » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Tube Depot and NBS Electronic are way better choices than EuroTubes. Bob is a character and a half but he's very limited in that he only does JJ. Want reissue tung sol or nos RCA or Mullard or Winged C ? Not gonna happen.

My experience with JJ has been kinda spotty...

I have a set of the Winged C 6l6's and a set of the Tung Sol 6v6's in use and really like both those sets a bunch. 6V's in a Princeton Reverb and 6L's in a Music Mn Rd-100.
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
User avatar
57RIP
 
Location: PAC NW


Return to AMPLIFICATION



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron