Scheming about going wireless. Talk to me.

Rig talk.

Scheming about going wireless. Talk to me.

Postby Mr. Mom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:32 am

I don't want to sacrifice tone at all, if possible Specific units to searchh out? Etc, etc.

Heh heh.....I said "unit".....Heh heh
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Re: Scheming about going wireless. Talk to me.

Postby Gil Escalera » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:14 pm

The X2 was one of the most prefered wireless units for bass before they disappeared off the radar. They were bought by Line 6 and Line 6 continued with the technology.

The Line 6 Relay Series - G30 and G50 are what I recommend in additional to the older discontinued XDS95. I use these systems for remote speakers and the fidelity is virtually identical to the original source. The technology does nothing to the lower frequencies. Perfect for bass and guitar. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby Paul DeLano » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

I have the X2, and it works great all the way down to my low F# (F#0 at 23Hz). No complaints about range either. I do have to change the battery for every gig, though.

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul
"Look, just between us, nothing good ever comes from playing guitar. Nothing." - Kennan Shaw
Paul DeLano

Postby Mr. Mom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks guys!

But my dumb old arse: I just realized, since I use IEM's, that I'd need two wireless units. One for the bass and one for the IEM. So forget it.

And now that I think about it I've been down this road before. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] Must be all those 'shrooms I ate back in the day. (And other stuff. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif] )
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Return to AMPLIFICATION