GK- MB Fusion

Rig talk.

GK- MB Fusion

Postby hmagman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:32 am

Just bought an MB Fusion amp to back up my Genz Benz Streamliner/Shuttle 6.2... I'm very happy with the purchase! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

Anyone else have a MB Fusion?
Harry
hmagman

Re: GK- MB Fusion

Postby harleyyy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:26 am

hmagman wrote:Just bought an MB Fusion amp to back up my Genz Benz Streamliner/Shuttle 6.2... I'm very happy with the purchase! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

Anyone else have a MB Fusion?

Nope, Like Jerry, I back up my Streamliner 900 with a Streamliner 900. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby nolabass » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:23 am

I often think of getting a Shuttle as a backup to my Streamliner. I miss the sweepable mid a lot. Just gonna pick up a Presonus EQ3B Parametric EQ instead.
I think the old GK 800RB still makes a great backup. It aint small but it's bombproof and sounds good enough i don't reach for EQ knobs all night looking for tone.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby hmagman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 pm

After a few days of playing the MB Fusion, I've found IHMO that the GK really has a very unique voice that "kills", somewhere in-between the tube warmth of the Streamliner 900 and the more aggressive sound of the Shuttle 6.2.

Overall, I have no regrets or buyer remorse... just another killer amp that fits in my gig bag. [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif] Great backup amp...yes!
Harry
hmagman

Postby GonzoBass » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:59 pm

GK rocks...
[smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass
Global Bouncer

Links: .
Tools:
Steinberger XP2 Workhorse (DB Bridge)
Steinberger XP2 (B-E-A-D)
Steinberger XP2A (Back Up)
Wilkat GonzoBass #001
Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz
EBMM Stingray Natural/Maple
Xavier Custom 6 String
Ibanez AEB10K Acoustic
Dean Rhapsody 8 String
Carvin BK2A Fretless
Gibson EB3 (Project)
Epiphone Newport EBS
Synsonic Half Scale
Fender Mandolin
A couple Flea Ukuleles
and a few guitars...

Rigs:
Small-
GK MB112 combo
Medium-
GK MB500
GK 2x10 Neo
Large-
GK 1001 Mark II 2x10 combo
GK 1x15 RBS

Effects:
Line 6 Bass POD XT Live
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer

Postby hmagman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 pm

GonzoBass wrote:GK rocks...
[smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]
Totally agree!!!
OK, I played the new MB Fusion for about 3-hours straight today... this one is a keeper. The only downside is the fan noise volume. In a quiet room the sound could "bug" me, but onstage this noise is a non-issue.
Harry
hmagman

Postby ghiadub » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 am

I have one and I do dig it, it can sound very close to my walkabout, which is my favorite.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby 57RIP » Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 am

Dumped my Streamliner 600 in favor of the MB-Fusion. I like it a lot. The STL was cool and beautifully built but I had a miserable night with it in a boomy room. Just couldn't get to the sweetness of my rehearsal space. For me, getting what I want from a GK is like falling off the log... The MB-Fusion is the best GK yet for me. Not letting my MB-200 go though. That is the most practical little amp ever...
Last edited by 57RIP on Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby hoytbasses » Mon May 13, 2013 3:39 pm

OK, I played the new MB Fusion for about 3-hours straight today... this one is a keeper. The only downside is the fan noise volume. In a quiet room the sound could "bug" me, but onstage this noise is a non-issue.

that would have to be one seriously quiet room! I can't believe that would be a problem. I loves me some GK. My main rig is still a perfectly strong 400rb... though I think it might be time to upgrade to something with a hair more wattage....GK of course.

kfh
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Return to AMPLIFICATION