Another soon to be Genz Benz convert?

Rig talk.

Another soon to be Genz Benz convert?

Postby Gil Escalera » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Last Saturday I helped out some friends with sound at a reunion gig. The bassist is a fine talented guy. At rehearsal the Sunday before he plugged into the rig at the rehearsal studio - some old Peavey stuff - and he sounded good. I asked what he was bringing to the gig and he said a Sunn head and a Mark Bass 4x10 cab. I asked him if he was familiar with the Genz Benz heads and he said "yes, but that he hadn't played through one yet." I told him that I had a Streamline 600 and that I could bring it on Saturday for him to play with before the gig if he wanted. He was excited and said "Hell Yeah!"

So... I brought it, he tried it and he ended up using it for the night. Afterwards he said "we need to talk" since I told him I knew where he could get one at a good price. ;)

Here is Jeremy Masana:
P8030333.JPG

He played a Peavey B-Quad 4 Brian Bromberg model into a SansAmp Bass Driver DI into a Fender Bassman 800 Pro [he only uses the Carvin Pro Bass 500 for biamping]. The Streamliner 600 replaced the SansAmp and 800 Pro easily. The sound was so much clearer, tight, round and punchy. He asked for my contact info and said he would definitely be calling. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Re: Another soon to be Genz Benz convert?

Postby Paul DeLano » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Gil Escalera wrote:He played a Peavey B-Quad 4
- Gil

But did he pan the piezo outputs?

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul
"Look, just between us, nothing good ever comes from playing guitar. Nothing." - Kennan Shaw
Paul DeLano

Postby hmagman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:32 am

Seems he is a new convert based on your recommendation! Streamliners are still one of the best amps available at that price point IMO... [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Postby Gil Escalera » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Paul DeLano wrote:But did he pan the piezo outputs?

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul

Nope. Didn't use the piezos at all. They played 70's guitar based rock: Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Cream, ZZ Top, Zepplin, Traffic, Doors and more. He went for the classic rock bass sound.

Here's a video clip from the night:

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Return to AMPLIFICATION