New Mesa Boogie?

Rig talk.

New Mesa Boogie?

Postby hmagman » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:39 am

Has anyone tried the new Mesa Boogie Strategy or Prodigy bass amps? Out of my current price range, [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] but WOW they do deliver!!! A must try IMHO. [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Re: New Mesa Boogie?

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:19 pm

I bought a Prodigy in October. I'm still working with it. It sounds nothing like the Ampeg, Fender, and Marshall tube bass amps I've owned in the past, nor does it need to. Those are just my point of reference for initial evaluation.
Dean

Postby hmagman » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 pm

:drool I'm green with envy, that's for sure. Monster tone!

Yes, different than Ampeg, Fender, etc. tube amps!
Harry
hmagman

Postby Freddels » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Lots of discussion about those on TB.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby ghiadub » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Mesa stuff sounds great. I still use my walkabout as my main amp for large stages.

That Prodigy looks really cool, I bet that would shake the walls with a big cab.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby felig » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:37 pm

I have a 400+ and an M-2000--I love them both, for different reasons. My 400+ through two Epifani 3-10" cabinets is the absolute best sounding bass rig that I have ever owned. The absolute best rig that I have ever HEARD was a 400+ through a Powerhouse 1000 cab. If the Strategy sounds anything like the 400+, then I would say it's a winner. My perception is that the 400+ had a reliability problems; thankfully, mine has been fine. If the Strategy & Prodigy have beaten this problem, that would seal the deal.
felig

Return to AMPLIFICATION