New Mesa Boogie?

Rig talk.

Re: New Mesa Boogie?

Postby Passinwind » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Jerry wrote:
Passinwind wrote:

Finally heard one of those at the Seattle TB GTG a couple of weeks ago. Both the Subway and the Genz Magellan sounded killer. Nice to see those guys continuing to build their legacies.

I was on the fence between those two because of my love of the Streamliners, kinda a flip of the coin and went with Mesa. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif][/quote]

I didn't get to hear the two through the same cab, so not really sure which one I like better. My choice was "easy" (not!), I just built my own using the same power module and using a feature set specifically dialed in for my EUB and fretless BGs. The Genzler array cab is way cool, but I haven't heard the new Mesa ones yet.
Passinwind

Re: New Mesa Boogie?

Postby Jerry » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Mine came on Wednesday right before I left for my duo gig, so of course I took it. Last night was full band and the rest of the week is going to be duo gigs. So far I dig it, very meaty! Last year I bought a Puma 900 and it was a little too clean for the band gigs. Bass San Diego again was great to deal with!
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Previous

Return to AMPLIFICATION