Check out the 60th Anni Precision...

Leo got it right.

Re: Check out the 60th Anni Precision...

Postby Rhian Batson » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 am

The only way I'd take one (because currently it gives me cowpoke nightmares) is if it was the 2TS with a vintage brownish tort guard and a fat Darkstar where that split bucker is.

That would be a sick looking and playing bass! Ahhhh to dream about being made of money [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Freddels » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 am

You have to play one to appreciate it. I actually found (and others have validated) that the blond ones sound better. I don't know why and I actually prefer the look of the 2tone ones too. These have a very fat tone.

Ughh so sorry Freddels I mustah hit the wrong button because I accidentally erased part of your message! [smilie=fun_84.gif] Stupid! (RB) [smilie=coz.gif]
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Rhian Batson » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:44 pm

You have to play one to appreciate it. I actually found (and others have validated) that the blond ones sound better. I don't know why and I actually prefer the look of the 2tone ones too. These have a very fat tone.

Had a look under the hood? They doing anything weird with the cap or wiring? Fatty sound like a NOS dimarzio? or scooped like a SD quarter pounder? I guess I could live with a blonde one but it would still get a custom vintage tort guard. Still these are a hard sell on me due to the cowpoke-likeness. Yes it is purely cosmetic - thus not a musical reason, but if I am playing what I consider to be a fugly woofy bass, it's gunna bum me out none the less. It has to sound bad ass and look bad ass too.

Life is too short to mess around with ugly basses [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Freddels » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Not sure what they're doing under the hood. I believe it's an Original '62 Precision pickup and I'm guessing that they're probably using a .1 tone cap. The tone knob just works better on this than some of the other models. I know what you mean about the cowpoke look. I think it would look better without a pickguard (except for the cnc hole).
Freddels

Postby Rhian Batson » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 am

That would be a sweet idea for a build though. I really like the idea of no pickguard and a nice top wood + 2TSB contoured alder body with the tele knob assembly/plate. Think I would still do a Darkstar in the sweet spot (a la Peavey T-45) though, birds eye maple neck C width tele headstock, chrome reverse tuning machines. That would look really clean I think. String it up with some chromes and call it a day [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Postby Freddels » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 am

I've thought about it but without the darkstar.
Freddels

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Freddels wrote:I've thought about it but without the darkstar.

It would be equally cool with a vintage single coil in there too!
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Postby steveonbass » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:20 am

Freddels wrote:You have to play one to appreciate it. I actually found (and others have validated) that the blond ones sound better. I don't know why and I actually prefer the look of the 2tone ones too. These have a very fat tone. [smilie=coz.gif]

I think you would have to play a LOT of these to really validate any claim like this.
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby harleyyy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:10 am

steveonbass wrote:
Freddels wrote:You have to play one to appreciate it. I actually found (and others have validated) that the blond ones sound better. I don't know why and I actually prefer the look of the 2tone ones too. These have a very fat tone. [smilie=coz.gif]

I think you would have to play a LOT of these to really validate any claim like this.

With an oscilloscope. [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby Freddels » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 am

steveonbass wrote:

Not looking to validate anything. It's just the ones that I've played from the 3 that have been available locally.
Freddels

Postby harleyyy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 am

I played one at The Bass Place, nice tone, but it was heavy.
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby Freddels » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:47 am

Freddels

Postby steveonbass » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 am

Freddels wrote:
steveonbass wrote:

Not looking to validate anything. It's just the ones that I've played from the 3 that have been available locally.

of the three, How many were blonde?
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby Freddels » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:10 pm

steveonbass wrote:
Freddels wrote:
steveonbass wrote:

of the three, How many were blonde?

Two. It may not be indicative of all of them but what I'm saying is that of the ones that I tried, I would buy a blonde one. There aren't going to be many 2tone ones since they are only being made for GC.
Freddels

Postby Rod Trussbroken » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:41 am

Checked one yesterday (by sight only) First impression is that it should have a Tele headstock. One of those shops where you can't touch...hanging up 12 feet behind the counter [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]
Gav
www.musicmanbass.org
MUSICMAN BASS VINTAGE ID

Rod Trussbroken
Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to FENDER