Fender Pawnshop Reverse Jaguar

Leo got it right.

Fender Pawnshop Reverse Jaguar

Postby Rhian Batson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:16 am

Anyone tried one of these? I havent had the opportunity to demo one. Id imagine they sound kinda hot like a Tbird maybe?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-pawn-shop-reverse-jaguar-electric-bass-guitar/h84060005001003?condition=used#used
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Re: Fender Pawnshop Reverse Jaguar

Postby bigfatbass » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Don't know about this one, seems like all the neck dive of a t-bird, but with none of thecool.
"Time Is the river, eternity is the ocean, music is the water.
Play what you hear, hear what you play.
Trust your ears, serve your soul." ~Philip Toshio Sudo "Zen Guitar"

Viva Los Blancos!
http://www.casablancos.com
bigfatbass
Road Dog

Links: http://www.casablancos.com

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Lol but the neck is upside down, man [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Rhian Batson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Ok, I tried one of these today. I have to say outright - I liked this bass. The build on it is great. It did not dive at all which surprised me - very well balanced. Tonally, the bass with its two buckers does the Tbird thing only it feels & plays like a Fender which I dig/prefer. It has a midrange punch and a nice crisp top end. This bass would kill in an aggressive face melter rock outfit. On the flip side, this bass does not slap/pop worth a damn. The fender feel and playability is totally there so physically it slaps with the best of em but tonally, it didn't work for me at all. Also, for jazzy stuff the sound is all wrong - IMHO and as always YMMV. Anyhow, roll off the tone a bit and you get all the fat punchy mids but no top end which could be a very useful tone in the right situation like a blues outfit or southern rock perhaps. The bridge is a Fender branded BA2 knock off and sounds/works great. You can dial in seriously low action which is a huge bonus from a Tbird's 3 point bridge IMO. The one element of this bass that outright sucked was with the reverse body, the bottom horn made it impossible to play cleanly and easily beyond the 16th/17th fret. In all honesty, I have big hands, so someone with girly hands may be able to negotiate this better. The only other element that bugged abit was that MIM is still using cheap ass tuning machines lol - upgrade to something a little bit better/substantial. Ok that's a pretty minor beef I suppose. Over all, I think this bass is a one/two tone pony rock bass that does a couple killer rock/blues tones really well, kicks ass in a rock situation and sucks in jazz/R&B/slappop situations. The build is rock solid, the lower horn is annoying as hell, but honestly playing rock or anything in that vein when do you go much above the 12th fret anyways? This one IIRC was priced at 799 out the door. I wouldn't pay that new as Id rather put that towards a 4003 Ric or vintage jazz, but finding one used for around 325, 350 US ... I would be hard pressed not to buy it.

[smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Postby felig » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Rhian Batson wrote:Lol but the neck is upside down, man [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]

In that case, watch your chin in case of neck levitation.
felig

Return to FENDER