Starcaster Bass

Leo got it right.

Starcaster Bass

Postby nolabass » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 pm

I see Rhian posted the Coronado bass RI. I see these Starcasters came out too. Apparently the bass was never issued in the seventy's but a few are around. Leo Nocentelli, the guitar player for The Funky Meters made the guitar famous, but the bass is hip too IMHO. Seems so comfortable to the eye it should be vintage. Looks like a really cool roots & blues bass.

$700
Offset body with that truly Hip head stock
30" neck
fully bound body including F Holes
arched top and back
C Shaped Neck
Beefy bridge
Telebass PUPs

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fen ... ctric-bass
Attachments
DV016_Jpg_Large_1378221683739_A.jpg
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Re: Starcaster Bass

Postby ghiadub » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 am

I played this and the guitar version at NAMM and the bass was ridiculously heavy. Like 13 lbs. The guitar was not as bad but close.

The new Coronado was a little lighter but nothing like the original I sold Kennan in terms of weigh.

Not that weight is the only thing that matters. It felt like it was not set up great, but I could not plug it while i was in the Fender booth. (there was a performer)
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby nolabass » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:10 am

Not a good sign if the NAMM sample was that heavy. I'm still pretty set on an H22 anyway.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Yeah yeah, I'll buy one to hang on my wall and let my wife pick out her favorite color [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Return to FENDER