NBD 2002 AV Precision

Leo got it right.

Re: NBD 2002 AV Precision

Postby hmagman » Sat May 24, 2014 6:41 am

Mr. Mom wrote:
Chuck B wrote:Does anybody have an idea what pup is installed in these?

Oh man. You wouldn't already be contemplating a pickup swap?? [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] If you are, I suggest the Nordy NP4. Brilliant pickup.

Yes, Nordy NP4 pickup "kill"...
Harry
hmagman

Postby Chuck B » Sat May 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Mr. Mom wrote:Oh man. You wouldn't already be contemplating a pickup swap??
No. There's a guy on a local board who's asking me that every 2nd day _bounce_
Chuck B

Postby Chuck B » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:01 am

Still those LaBella flats on that beauty. Love the tone. Love the bass.
Chuck B

Postby Freddels » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:22 am

I love LaBella flats. They are my string of choice on several of my basses. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby pbassplayer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:42 am

I'm glad you are well and on the mend,now go kick some ass w/ the beautiful p/bass
pbassplayer

Postby Chuck B » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Thank you, pbassplayer... :)
Today 5 weeks and I am still happy! Cannot remember a similar feeling and I had lots of basses since I joined a certain dudepit...
Chuck B

Postby Chuck B » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:18 am

Happy (belated) New Year to all...
Some weeks ago I had put D'Addario rounds on that Precision Bass. The only brand they offer in the last local music shop in town.
Strings I know very well, by the way.
I am surprised how this bass sounds with rounds. I knew that it's very resonating but I did not expect that it sounds and feels that good.
You see a happy old man [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
Chuck B

Postby Rhian Batson » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Happy New Year to you as well, Chuck [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]

I still remember the first time I "rediscovered" my Pbass w/ rounds. From 1997 through around 2000, I went on this incredibly flawed and misguided anti-Fender/wood neck phase where I worked my way through a number of Modulus (Q4, Q5, VJ & Fleabass - all very fine instruments BTW). Anyhow, I joined a loud rock band in town where the moduli just weren't doing it for me, so I pulled my neglected P out, dropped a BA2 (my first ever) onto it and then a fresh set of medium DM Blue Steel. That bass with a pick was so damn aggressive and punchy - just mean as hell sounding and absolutely perfect for the gig (and most any gig I've had since lol). I never forgot that sound/feeling and never will.

Fender P and rounds. Such a perfect combination IMHO. I'm glad you're still digging on your P [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Chuck B » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:06 am

I am still recovering after this serious heart attack. I'd like to play with a band but I'm still sitting at home and play through that little old TE combo amp.
I feel happy listening to the tonal range of this beautiful bass the round wound strings offer. I'm sure that together with a rock band flat wounds will do a great job. [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Chuck B

Postby Rhian Batson » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:06 am

You're right. A few months back I tracked the basswork for a local rock outfit (lost their bassist mid-recording) with that same Pbass mentioned earlier but strung up with TI flats & standard Fender bridge. Love both for different applications but those flats just nuzzle up to and sit in the mix so well. I am glad you are feeling better and healing up. Be sure to post some pics when you get back in the saddle [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby bigfatbass » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:34 am

Thanks for sharing the update, Chuck. Glad to hear your recovery continues. My best friend in this world next to my lovely wife is my friend Rich, who is actually my house guest this weekend. He came up for a show I was a part of last night. Very fun night (see the thread I'm about to post in a few minutes). Rich had a quad bypass about 5 years ago. He was a healthy athletic dude his whole life, congenital circulation defect. Cost him a half a lung back in college, so they all kept assuming his chest pains were from the residual damage. One day they hooked him to the right machine at the right moment and he was in an ambulance, sirens screaming, (not good for someone having a cumulative heart attack he says), and on a crash cart straight onto the table. From his Dr's office to the ER and wide open in less than 30 minutes. Very scary, to say the least, but he now does trapeze and goes "hunting" at Club Meds as his main hobbies. Rich only turned 50 back on August 7th, so we are really glad he's still around. Same to you!

Thanks for reminding me about that stunner of a bass, too. People post new basses all the time, and I often think, yeah, I would totally play that bass, but whoa that thing is another level. A real stunner. Your mancrush over how it sounds/feels makes me GAS like a hipster at an Apple store.
"Time Is the river, eternity is the ocean, music is the water.
Play what you hear, hear what you play.
Trust your ears, serve your soul." ~Philip Toshio Sudo "Zen Guitar"

Viva Los Blancos!
http://www.casablancos.com
bigfatbass
Road Dog

Links: http://www.casablancos.com

Postby Chuck B » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you, Sir! Please say "hello" to Rich and all the best to him from good ol' Bavaria, close to Danube river where I am located.

All I wanted to say is that this particular Fender bass is a an excellent instrument and I think I can say this after playing an extraordinary MusicMan bass for 36 years now.
Chuck B

Postby Rob Francis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Nice Chuck!
Stay well Bro
Rob Francis

Postby Chuck B » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:46 pm

update:
Last year in summer I had a bad time. I had water on the lung. It took a while to get better.
I use to do sports once a week, round 15 people all suffering from probs with their hearts. One day one of the folks asked: Do you know Mueller Erich?
He's looking for a bass player.
I joined Erich. We do the songs he wrote. I play the Am. Vintage Fender through my prefender SWR rig. I am happy.
Happy Easter!
Chuck B

Postby Rhian Batson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Glad you're doing well and rocking Chuck! I got bitch slapped by my own health last xmas landing me in the er. Long story short & 3 docs later, doc #2 said my heart's ok & doc #3's got me on some BP meds, I'm on a green veg/lean protein diet, I'm exercising 30+ minutes, 5 days a week (walked 8.5 miles yesterday) and I'm doing this stress reduction breath/meditation thing. Since I got the all clear, Amanda has been pushing me to work towards a 5k jog with her. Not my first choice of things to do but yanno, nut up n' do it, I suppose. Down about 13 lbs so far, BP is down too and I am feeling better over all - no significant chest pressure/discomfort which is freaking wonderful. Scared the shit out of me that's for damn sure. I've traded pizza, tacos, steakburgers n' beer for walking, treadmills, and hummus n' radishes lol. Tener ganas por vida.

Stay well, Chuck! Rock that Pbass [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to FENDER