Half Breeds...

Leo got it right.

Re: Half Breeds...

Postby Rhian Batson » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm

MickeyOne wrote:
MickeyOne wrote:White Basses Rule! You can change their appearance so easily with a pickguard and hardware.

Coming soon my Fakenfender Peavey-will explain with photos once I get the rest of the parts next week.

Finally got it (near) finished. Peavey plywood body from a Milestone II, Mighty Mite neck with black Schallers, (came with the decal). Lindy Fralin pickup, black pearl custom pickguardian pickguard, black bridge and knobs, TI super alloys. Plays and sounds great for a bargain price.

Cool bass :-) I also had a fun build that used a MIC Squier plywood P body and that bass sounded niiiice regardless. Great rock bass. I had it mated to a MIM RW P neck w/ EMG's, BA2 & strung up with Boomers. Nice look on yours - love the TV logo [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby hmagman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Planning a new half breed...part one
Harry
hmagman

Postby hmagman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:59 pm

What do you guys think???

Harry
hmagman

Postby jshilgebass » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:09 pm

At first, I thought the maple neck looked too bleached-out against the dark color of the bass as a whole, but after looking at it some more I almost like that stark light-dark contrast. Soooo...pay no attention to my wishy-washy opinion. [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Harry, what kind of preamp do you have in this bass? That's way too many knobs and switches for it to be passive..... [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby hmagman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm

jshilgebass wrote:At first, I thought the maple neck looked too bleached-out against the dark color of the bass as a whole, but after looking at it some more I almost like that stark light-dark contrast. Soooo...pay no attention to my wishy-washy opinion. [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Harry, what kind of preamp do you have in this bass? That's way too many knobs and switches for it to be passive..... [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif]

Joe Hilgeman

Joe,

Thanks for the feedback...

The preamp is a John East U-Retro deluxe.
Harry
hmagman

Postby jshilgebass » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:01 am

hmagman wrote:The preamp is a John East U-Retro deluxe.

I thought so...I have three basses with John East preamps, but they are not the deluxe version with the passive tone control.

So...how much you want for this latest half-breed?
[smilie=fun_84.gif] [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif] [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif] :hid:

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby hmagman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:31 am

Here is the latest Joe...

The BOSS likes the green bass as is... [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

Looks like this maple neck is gonna be used for a new project. LOL! [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Postby Rhian Batson » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Id spray that neck with reranch vintage tint nitro. That stark light maple just doesnt look quite right to me with the 70's spaghets logo. Love the pearloid dots & birdseye. [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby hmagman » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Here are my current FrankenFenders...2-passive and 2-active.Image
Harry
hmagman

Postby Rhian Batson » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Niiiiice [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Previous

Return to FENDER