epiphone casady

epiphone casady

Postby chuckroast » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:29 pm

I can't believe nobody's mentioned this bass. It's a current model, an update of the Les Paul Bass. I saw one at Sam Ash the other day and gave it a pluck, couldn't put her down. Just an amazing instrument, the setup was perfect, totally balanced tone and intonation from bottom to top and that million dollar jack casady tone is built in.

Let me say that again - a bass just sitting on the racks at sam ash, just picked it up and played and the setup is perfect. I have never experienced that in my life, except in vintage or luthier type shops. I'm picky about the setup. Damn thing is made in Korea! OK, it's semi-hollow, but give it a look, peeps!

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=499

http://www.jackcasady.com/VideoProductionLow.html

By the way, I'm a P-bass, Musicman guy, no attraction to hollow bodies whatEVER - this is just a great bass regardless. I am seriously considering trading my vintage 76 MM stingray on this korean upstart...
chuckroast

Postby drbassman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:40 pm

I agree with you Chuck. It is a nice bass for the money. If I didn't already have an LP Signature bass, I'd add one to my collection.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in......
drbassman

Postby mgod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:29 pm

I agree - best off the shelf bass out there. Pickup might be better than the LP Sig.

DS
mgod

Postby Fred Hammon » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:22 pm

mgod wrote:I agree - best off the shelf bass out there. Pickup might be better than the LP Sig.

DS

Mgod is right however ......;-)
Fred Hammon

Postby SpankyAndy-II » Mon May 14, 2007 8:09 pm

I have to agree that the Epiphone Jack Casady signature bass is awesome.

I'd wanted one for a while after reading glowing reviews all over the place. I had never seen one in the flesh so I ordered one in at my local music store about 6 months ago. Shortly after the bass arrived in the store (November 06), my dad died. I got caught up in family stuff and totally forgot I'd ordered in the bass and had left a deposit on it. So did the store...

I then went into a MM mode and bought a couple of Stingrays and thought I had found my dream sound.

That changed when I got a call from my local store last week asking what I wanted to do with the Epiphone. I felt obligated to try it so went in half-heartedly and tried it through a MarkBass rig. What a revelation! I was really impressed with the instrument. The tone is sooo old-school, warm and punchy, yet so articulate. It looks so darned cool too. I took it home and just can't put the darned thing down.

I'm glad to hear the stock pickups compare favourably to the originals.

Cheers

Andy
Canberra, Australia
SpankyAndy-II

Postby noahvale » Mon May 14, 2007 8:28 pm

I had one and one of the originals at the same time. Different. The JC is a little more aggressive. The LP a little smoother.
The LP was a work of art. The JC looked very cool, but the back was painted rather than stained.

click the pics for more
Image Image
noahvale
Bad Ass Admin

Links: http://ammons.org

Re: epiphone casady

Postby charII » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Been playing one for awhile, this is from last month.

Charlie
Attachments
IMG_0020.jpg
charII

Return to HOLLOWBODY