Fender Victor Bailey AEB

Fender Victor Bailey AEB

Postby BluesBassPlayer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:23 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0169697138

I just "won" the best offer for $735 delivered. The feedback on the seller looks good. This bass lists for >$1200.

Any comments or knowledge about the bass and/or seller would be appreciated.

Jimi
BluesBassPlayer

Re: Fender Victor Bailey AEB

Postby drbassman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 am

You got a good deal IMHO. Let us know how it turns out. To be honest, I had a Taylor AB and it was nice sounding, but didn't set the world on fire either. Amplified it was huge and woody, otherwise, the output was average.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in......
drbassman

Postby BluesBassPlayer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:21 pm

The new addition arrived today and it is stunning. One of the nicest basses I've seen. Heres where it get interisting. The original shipping label from Fender to a dealer (Reno's Music) has a PO # (purchase order) as NAMM. I'm going with the thought ... this bass was intended for NAMM or was on display at NAMM and repacked for sale. All of the case candy is there except a warranty card, which can easily begotten.

The bass sounds amazing amplified and a has a nice mid projection acoustically. It needs a little attention to set up. A bit of buzz around the 15th to the end of the fingerboard. I'll give her a few days to settle in, in my part of the world before I change strings or do any t rod adjustments.
44eb_1.jpg

Jimi
victorbaileyaconat_5120_7.jpg
Attachments
victorbaileyaconat_5120_2.jpg
BluesBassPlayer

Postby nolabass » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:18 pm

I was in GC the other day and made a cursery pass on the AEBs. Just plucking the E string where they hung. Out of 4 brands hangin that bass had the best projection and mid punch. Pretty loud for an acoustic. I did not even realize there was a pickup and pre. I thought it was just a straight up acoustic. I could like that bass for sure.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Golem » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 am

BluesBassPlayer wrote:.....The original shipping label from Fender to a dealer (Reno's Music) has a PO # (purchase order) as NAMM. I'm going with the thought ... this bass was intended for NAMM or was on display at NAMM and repacked for sale. .......
`

That would more likely mean that the dealer placed his order at the show, upon viewing the samples. IOW he was as impressed as you are. I've seen the VB acoustic at GC, and it is indeed impressive.

PO's being issued by buyers, not sellers, the dealer either did not know his numeric sequence from back at his home office, so the "number" used was "NAMM", or it was important to mark the PO# as NAMM to benefit from some sort of buyer incentives offered during the show.

`

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Postby drbassman » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:31 pm

Yep, it's a beauty for sure. I'm eyeing one myself along with a couple others. I won't do a Taylor again unless I can inspect it personally!!!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in......
drbassman

Postby Freddels » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:54 pm

A few months back I was at GC and was trying out several different accoustic basses and the Fender Victor Bailey model was by far the best sounding and also most comfortable to play (since it's not that deep).
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Return to HOLLOWBODY