Allen Woody RumbleKat [Epi] $300 @ BassEmporium

Allen Woody RumbleKat [Epi] $300 @ BassEmporium

Postby Golem » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:34 am

`
Fair price for a clean one:

http://www.bassemporium.com/item.php?sku=IO3083202

Not fully hollow, but chambered. Not as heavy on the neck-PU tone as you might think. That second PU is pretty close to the sweet spot, just a little bit shifted toward the neck ... and then of course there's the *real* neck PU to add all the woolies you ask of it.

Also, they look good on stage in almost any context. Can pass as a jazz box or a cowboy ax, or anything between. Passive mini-buckers and 30" scale. You know already know what it sounds like. A good cheap easy to play all-purpose ax. [Speaking from experience, still got mine, still playing it.]

RumbleKat_01.jpg
`

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Re: Allen Woody RumbleKat [Epi] $300 @ BassEmporium

Postby drbassman » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:07 pm

Yep, they are nice little basses. Here's mine that I modded and improved the tone considerably. I sold it to buy a vintage Gibson a year or so ago..............

I was gonna buy another one until I found the black Thunder Jet below. Now, I'm really happy with the Gretsch. Really just a very high end cousin to the Woody.............

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in......
drbassman

Postby shadowcastaz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:50 am

I see that pic and I remember why I started with all this bass forum stuff. I had sent you an email about those TV pups on the woody some years ago. Nice flashback for me that that wa s you all this time . I think you told me 'bout the pit. Sold mine too and i miss her. My starfire is hopefully going to fill 'da void.M
"life is too short to drink chitty wine!"
shadowcastaz

Postby shadowcastaz » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 pm

Spookey small!!
"life is too short to drink chitty wine!"
shadowcastaz

Return to HOLLOWBODY