My New Jerry Jones Bass

My New Jerry Jones Bass

Postby dead-in-okc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:17 am

Finally got here...This is his original series new single cut w/ dolphin nose headstock...Went out on a limb and got it in 'Creamsicle Burst'...I saw this color on one of his guitars,and couldn't resist...Electronics are V V T...like a jazz bass...If you know his basses,his stuff is flawless...Incredible neck,the best gotoh tuners,fully adj. recessed bridge,and hot pups,and the best customer service around...The finish is awesome...the sound is incredible...took it out last night...Awesome bottom,mids,and high end...the V V T really lets you dial in a bunch of great sound combinations...This is his only bass made with pine wood,same as the original silvertones..Jerry Jones also said it is made more as a true hollowbody by not using a full centerblock....Heavy thump with great sustain.... here's a couple of pics...
Last edited by dead-in-okc on Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dead-in-okc

Re: My New Jerry Jones Bass

Postby SmittyG » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:21 am

That is one lovely instrument. What do those lipsticks sound like? I've not really heard one that I know of.
SmittyG

Links: http://naradaweeps.bandcamp.com
http://facebook.com/solobassist

Postby dead-in-okc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:28 am

His lipsticks go anywhere from warm and fat to bright and thin,and everywhere in between...Loads of bottom if you want,great high end and mids as well...
dead-in-okc

Postby steveonbass » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Great little basses. Congrats - enjoy!
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby Templar » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Kickass paint job there.

Does JJ wind the lipsticks in-house, or are they Armstrongs, or....?

I'd really like to have a Coral-esque sitar to twank around on (great fun), I just wish the Jones one was less spendy.
Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Postby dead-in-okc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:14 pm

All work is done in house I believe...
dead-in-okc

Postby throckmorten » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 am

Dang! I'm going to be hungry for a Dreamsicle for the rest of the day [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

Nice score. Great looking bass. You'll get some comments on that one.
EGAD!
throckmorten

Postby basswinn » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Beautiful. I'm gonna have to seriously consider one of these to go with my shorthorn. I take the JJ to all my gigs where I might fear for my '66 J. They sound remarkably similar ... but the Jones can get more tones. I might have to rewire mine to VVT. Next time you have the control cavity open, let me know what value cap he uses. Love his basses.

Ronnie
basswinn

Postby tsarter » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 am

IMG_6134.JPG
Quick update on a very old thread.

This bass is getting a lot of playing time with The Mad Maggies (http://www.themadmaggies.com/) these days. Think I'm the 4th owner of it now? I always played upright with this group, but when we did some traveling together I was not about to fly with my upright. Somehow the Jerry Jones seemed a good fit.
tsarter

Return to HOLLOWBODY