Harmony H-22 RI

Harmony H-22 RI

Postby dead-in-okc » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Had one a thousand years ago....not bad,not great....Figured I'd pick up a RI for nostalgia sake...Just found out they list for $1199. and retail out for $900. Definitely gonna pass on this one....I'll wait for the Hofner Icon Club Bass ....
dead-in-okc

Re: Harmony H-22 RI

Postby nolabass » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:00 pm

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby drbassman » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:19 am

dead-in-okc wrote:I'll wait for the Hofner Icon Club Bass ....

Me too!!!
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in......
drbassman

Postby davelowell » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:00 pm

What? Is Hofner reissuing the Club Bass as part of the Icon line? ie; inexpensive?
davelowell

Postby dead-in-okc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:31 am

What? Is Hofner reissuing the Club Bass as part of the Icon line? ie; inexpensive?

Yes they are....Due out the end of next month....Same price as the Icon Beatle Bass...Comes in about six different colors,including a gold top...
dead-in-okc

Postby drbassman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:26 am

dead-in-okc wrote:

Yes they are....Due out the end of next month....Same price as the Icon Beatle Bass...Comes in about six different colors,including a gold top...

Yep, I'll be ordering one from the local shop ASAP. As for the H-22, I paid $650 for an original last year in excellent condition with an original fiberboard case. Geez, I think the RI models are gonna be a hard sell. Hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see them succeed.
drbassman

Postby drbassman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:29 am

dead-in-okc wrote:

Do you have a link to this information we could go to?
drbassman

Postby dead-in-okc » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 am

Unfortunately,no....but I spoke to Rob Olson about a month ago,and he told me they were just about done with the first run of them...He said they should be ready to go bar any unforseen set-backs...He said they were waiting on letting the word out till he was sure they were ready to go...we should be hearing/seeing something very soon...also,they're buzzing about them on the Hofner forum,and the Beatle forums...They were announced at the last NAMM.....As far as the success of the H-22's,I hope they tank big time due to the over-inflated pricing...If Hofner can put out a decent Beatle,and Club bass for under $400 bucks w/ a hardshell case,I can't see the reason for a $900 dollar retail price tag on an overseas Harmony reissue...Just my .02.....
dead-in-okc

Postby drbassman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:48 pm

dead-in-okc wrote:

Unfortunately,no....but I spoke to Rob Olson about a month ago,and he told me they were just about done with the first run of them...He said they should be ready to go bar any unforseen set-backs...He said they were waiting on letting the word out till he was sure they were ready to go...we should be hearing/seeing something very soon...also,they're buzzing about them on the Hofner forum,and the Beatle forums...They were announced at the last NAMM.....As far as the success of the H-22's,I hope they tank big time due to the over-inflated pricing...If Hofner can put out a decent Beatle,and Club bass for under $400 bucks w/ a hardshell case,I can't see the reason for a $900 dollar retail price tag on an overseas Harmony reissue...Just my .02.....

Can't say I'd disagree. I'm really looking forward to the Club basses.
drbassman

Return to HOLLOWBODY