Need advice and some help - B00 related

Need advice and some help - B00 related

Postby Kevin Probass Borden » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Yes, you can find stuff at tag sales. I bought a white B00 in pieces. The entire bass is painted purple with a brush as is the SKB case. I assembled it, the bass tunes to pitch with good action and a proper relief, the rod is good . Did I say it was defretted but done professionally. The preamp I alligator clipped onto my tester bass and the pre-amp I think works. Heres my question. The bass has the boomerang plate but no pots.
Can someone
A) tell me the value of the pots, I think they are 25k's
B) Does anyone have a schematic or even a picture of the wiring they could send me?
C) Does anyone know where I could buy the pots? I cant find 25k's

I THINK the paint is latex and im hoping it'll peel off. Bottom line, a nice project for 50.00 doesnt suck. My 1st tag sale purchase in 10 years.

Thanks guys.
KeBo
Kevin Probass Borden

Re: Need advice and some help - B00 related

Postby Freddels » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:23 pm

worthless_without
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Rod Trussbroken » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Kevin Probass Borden wrote:Yes, you can find stuff at tag sales. I bought a white B00 in pieces. The entire bass is painted purple with a brush as is the SKB case. I assembled it, the bass tunes to pitch with good action and a proper relief, the rod is good . Did I say it was defretted but done professionally. The preamp I alligator clipped onto my tester bass and the pre-amp I think works. Heres my question. The bass has the boomerang plate but no pots.
Can someone
A) tell me the value of the pots, I think they are 25k's
B) Does anyone have a schematic or even a picture of the wiring they could send me?
C) Does anyone know where I could buy the pots? I cant find 25k's

I THINK the paint is latex and im hoping it'll peel off. Bottom line, a nice project for 50.00 doesnt suck. My 1st tag sale purchase in 10 years.

Thanks guys.
KeBo

KeBo...

The vol pot (front) is 25K ohms Linear. They were Log (Audio) but Linear is the correct taper for smooth adjustment. The treble pot (in the middle) is 1 Meg ohms with a Reverse Audio taper. The bass pot (next to the input jack) is 100K ohms Audio taper.

All are available from Ernie Ball customer service via email. About $5 each.

Schematics and related info can be found on my website under the heading "PRE-AMPS & PUPs":

http://www.musicmanbass.org
Gav
www.musicmanbass.org
MUSICMAN BASS VINTAGE ID

Rod Trussbroken
Bouncer

Postby Kevin Probass Borden » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:33 am

Thanks for the help! I just emailed EBMM.
Kevin Probass Borden

Postby Caca de Kick » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Yup, The only place I've been able to get replacement pots is straight from EBMM.
Caca de Kick

Postby Flash » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:19 pm

Kevin,

You've got to email me a picture of the body - believe it or not, I think I know where it came from.
Flash

Postby PeppermanL2K » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:59 pm

What's a tag sale?
Phil

John Entwistle 1944 - 2002
"Heaven just got a little louder..." - Kenny Howes
PeppermanL2K

Return to MUSICMAN