Anniversary

Re: Anniversary

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:54 pm

The chambered body will be on the guitars first, at least as per this post. There is some allusion to a SH bass, but you need to be able to read BP.

Somewhere early on in the Kool-Aid is a statement that the balance will be such that playing in the upper registers will be optimized; something about bridge placement & such. Didn't make sense to me, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the block. Unless they build it ass-heavy, I don't see how it'll have any better balance than an ASAT. Add to that their seeming preference for fancy opaque finishes over basswood, which is generally light, and you have a likely balance issue. I'm sure they'll get it figured out though.

Maybe a strap & shirt combo made of Velcro will be included with each bass! I said it first!!!! My idea!!!!

Ken...
...at least the doctors find me fascinating...
Ken Baker
"Turn the darned thing down!!"

Postby bdgotoh » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:01 am

Now I'm happy again - they just announced the Albert Lee bass! It has the same preamp and SSS pickups as the Anniversary but should balance better and have a normal reach to first position.

bdgotoh
Bad Ass Evil One

Postby spideyjg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 am

Does it come with matching spandex pants? [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]

The Axis based model looks more interesting but all will get a fair shake at NAMM.

Jim
Silverbass wrote:gawd damn the pusher man
spideyjg
Bouncer

Postby Freddels » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 am

The weight reduction is supposed to come from the chambered body and also some new fangled lightweight tuners and smaller headstock to knock off some weight from the end of the neck. I don't really like the AL shape (don't like the look of the guitar either) but I'd like to hear what it can do with all the coil tapping switches and the Bongo pre-amp.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby aussiemark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:18 pm

I don't like the look of the Al either, but the 25th Anniversary in HSS is something I'd like to see in a finished version.
aussiemark

Previous

Return to MUSICMAN