Any opinions on the Sb14 ?

Any opinions on the Sb14 ?

Postby 57RIP » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

I'e been offerred one plus cash for my Godin A4SA. I'm MM illiterate.
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Re: Any opinions on the Sb14 ?

Postby aussiemark » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Apparently those Indonesian Ernie Balls are pretty good. Ed Friedland's done a bunch of YouTube reviews on a few models in the range. The fanboys at the EBMM forum talk them up.

What model is the SB14 - is that the Stingray 4 knock off?
aussiemark

Postby bdgotoh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 pm

It's the Sterling model. Ed liked it so much he bought the one he reviewed. He ended up selling it when he got a couple of USA Sterling 5 strings but it definitely got him hooked on EBMM and he gigged it for months. Two or three other people I know have tried the SB14 and been very impressed with the quality and tone.

MMs are awesome instruments and I'll always have at least one. The USA Sterling HH is my all-time fave.

I've only seen two SB14s sell used so far, they went for $450-475.
bdgotoh
Bad Ass Evil One

Postby 57RIP » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 am

Thanks! that all helps!
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby higher1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 pm

I played most of the sterling line @ NAMM , and they are top notch player for sure!
http://www.higher1.net
It's all in the fingers... BOOM!
higher1
Global Bouncer

Postby 57RIP » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:21 pm

sadly, that deal folded. ah well. On to the next...
57RIP

Return to MUSICMAN