Strings for a 30th Anniv Ray?

Strings for a 30th Anniv Ray?

Postby Reb » Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Hey MM lovers, just entered the club and bought a MM 30th Anniv 4 fretted (Strung through the body). I would like to put a new set of strings on strung through the body The only thing I can find on the web suggest you need XLong sets of strings. My 09 Fender P USA has the string through bridge option and Fender suggests using a special tapered Fender string for replacement. I can't find anything on Ernie Ball strings or the MM site that tells you what strings are long enough. I did find some posts that said that GHS boomers long scale were not long enough? None of the EB strings mention that they are tapered or will fit strung through body applications. I would like to go with the EB reguluar nickel slinky's for pop alt. rock fingerstyle w/some pick, no slap but not sure they will fit. I did email MM so we'll see what they say, but thougtht I would see if Strung through body Ray users have any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Reb
Reb

Re: Strings for a 30th Anniv Ray?

Postby aussiemark » Sun May 09, 2010 3:37 am

I'm a flatwound user, and I can tell you that TI Flats and D'Addario Chromes in standard long scale both are long enough for string thru body Stingrays. I currently have a set of TIs on my 30th Anni.
aussiemark

Postby Rod Trussbroken » Sun May 09, 2010 6:10 am

All Ernie Ball Bass strings will fit.
Gav
www.musicmanbass.org
MUSICMAN BASS VINTAGE ID

Rod Trussbroken
Bouncer

Postby Caca de Kick » Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 am

DR's fit as well.

Of course EB Slinkys fit, that's what they came with!
Caca de Kick

Postby Reb » Thu May 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks for the replies. I did go with the EB Super slinky's and they were plenty long.

Reb
Reb

Postby earlgray » Tue May 18, 2010 2:55 pm

I love the TI Jazz Flats on my 30th MM. They tame its sound just a tad without killing the incredible punch.
earlgray

Return to MUSICMAN