Used fretless stering 2007 @ $800. Pull the trigger or not..

Used fretless stering 2007 @ $800. Pull the trigger or not..

Postby 57RIP » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Lined f'less in tobacco burst. Local CL deal. Looks to be in great shape. I've been looking for a good fretless 4. I have no sense of where the market is on these basses. i sure do like the Sterling Classic I snagged thou... In your opinions, assuming it checks out, is this a reqsonable deal ?
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Re: Used fretless stering 2007 @ $800. Pull the trigger or n

Postby harleyyy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:02 pm

57RIP wrote:Lined f'less in tobacco burst. Local CL deal. Looks to be in great shape. I've been looking for a good fretless 4. I have no sense of where the market is on these basses. i sure do like the Sterling Classic I snagged thou... In your opinions, assuming it checks out, is this a reqsonable deal ?

I miss mine Mal. It was a honeyburst with a Mike Lull applied poly on the board. EBMM skinny necks are awesome, and mine sang. $800 seems about right IMO.
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby Golem » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:16 pm

`

Price is right, and you're gonna luuurrv what the
bridge SC setting does for FL. Toadal insaneness.

`

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Postby 57RIP » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks guys. I think that I'll pull the trigger on this one tomorow. Cost was two old Leica lenses that I wasn't using... A90 mm 1:2 and a collapsibe 50 in need of lube & cleaning. whch tickles me that someone will get some use from a part of my old camera collecrio. Figured I'd be buried with it...
Last edited by 57RIP on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby 57RIP » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Well it took a while longer than I thought it would and it turned out to be a Stingray, not Sterling. It's sweet and home sportin' a fresh set of Jazz Flats. Nice! On board Bass & Treble flat and work the mids just a smidge finds some very usable fretless tone though my Music Man head and 2x15's rig. It ought to kill with the fEarful rig...
Last edited by 57RIP on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
57RIP

Postby Chuck B » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:24 am

A StingRay always is a good decision. Congrats. Pic?
Chuck B

Postby 57RIP » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:33 am

Huh.. Guess I should work on that pic... Now sportin LaBella tapes. I moved the Ti's over to my Guild 5 string Pilot Fretless and snagged a B for it. Amd yes, it does sound killer through a Streamliner 600 and fEatful 12.6 ... I really should line up some jazz dates ...
57RIP

Return to MUSICMAN