Chris Brubeck on fretless Ric

Chris Brubeck on fretless Ric

Postby throckmorten » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 am

One of my obscure heros on fretless finally has a YouTube with his group TriplePlay

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
EGAD!
throckmorten

Re: Chris Brubeck on fretless Ric

Postby Funkster » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:45 am

That was wonderful I love being turned onto new stuff or stuff I have never heard thanks for the gem!
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it.
JFH'Productions

Henry
Funkster

Links: http://www.myspace.com/jfhproductions
http://www.jfhproductions.net
Vintage Fender basses and 70's SVT's that about sums it up for me.

Postby ReneGiust » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 am

Wow! That was great!! I thought it was amazing even before they all started singing.
Rene Giust

"When it's all said and done, P basses and cockroaches will roam the Earth." - Harleyyy
ReneGiust
Bouncer

Postby Gil Escalera » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 am

The JJ Ricky! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

Thanks for the answer. I could never remember who it was that played the JJ Ricky. Very cool groove.

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby throckmorten » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:09 am

These guys are teriffic in condert. I don't know how much they are traveling these days.

Their CD Triple Play Live is the one to get. It includes this tune. Their other CDs are good but Live is outstanding.
It used to be available from Chris's site but it's changed and I didn't see a link. Amazon may still have it.
EGAD!
throckmorten

Postby jshilgebass » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Many, MANY years ago (1985, I think) I was at a church music conference and heard The New Brubeck Quartet. Dave Brubeck and his sons (I remember that Darius and Chris were there, maybe another Brubeck son also?) played a musical work that Dave Brubeck was commisioned to write especially for this music conference. It was quite a trip seeing a full classical orchestra playing along with a jazz group. I especially enjoyed the improvisational sections where Dave and the boys just lit it up. I was intrigued with hearing Chris' playing on that fretless Ric. It caught my eye when I saw him coming out on stage with that thing; talk about a contrast to the classical instruments in the house. I had the good fortune of sitting right at the edge of the stage and seeing a legend like Dave Brubeck up close. The way Chris was seated, he had his back to me, so I did not see that his bass was fretless until I heard him play. He had my attention after that. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Thanks for bringing back a very pleasant memory. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

Joe Hilgeman
jshilgebass

Postby El Tookay » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 am

Wow, that was VERY cool! [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif] [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif] [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]
-Craig M./......mantra:-" StanleyGeddyOxStu JacoPinoRoccoDuck'n'Chuck"
El Tookay

Postby 57RIP » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:51 pm

I used to catch chris B with his band SkyKing back there in rhe way back machine. He was funKy! That was a great band!
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Return to FRETLESS