Fretless Bass Photo Gallery

Postby subcontrabassist » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:37 am

well, you set the intonation wherever the fret would be. do you know where you play the harmonic at the 12th fret? that is the point where you set the intonation.

Stew
subcontrabassist

Postby frogleggstoo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:18 pm

sure I do .. but the dots are what's messing me up I can play with my eyes closed and hear where I am supposed to be but looking down on the top of my finger board the dot's are . . at the the 12th I would think they should be : is it at the first dot or the second or some-where's in between ?? guess I may never know....... as long as I play in tune the guys don't seem to care later Richard
frogleggstoo

Postby subcontrabassist » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:52 pm

honestly without seeing the bass, I have no idea how the dots are laid out. I always use the harmonic node to intonate my instrument. also, I do not look at my fingerboard too much when I play also.
subcontrabassist

Postby ghiadub » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:19 pm

This is my new Rick Turner fretless (with lines)
I cannot tell you how much I love this bass. Every possable tone that comes off this thing is great. It has the 18v Highlander preamp with the under saddle piezo and nylon (yes NYLON) strings.

The body is sycamore, and really pretty loud for just having a floating top. (body is solid)Image
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby frogleggstoo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:19 pm

her is another member of my herd a 06 MK dragonfly sweet!
frogleggstoo

Postby spade2you » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:29 pm

So far:

and

Coming soon in a couple weeks:
spade2you

Postby Corpse » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:09 am

This is my newest addition which was traded for my Ibanez Electric/Acoustic bass.
Let the bass be with you.
Corpse

Postby froover » Tue May 15, 2007 3:53 pm

my favourites:

the flat black el cheapo

modern Ashbory

early prototype Ashbory

cheers
Lucy
However, at the end of the six months they decided to keep Judy on, so Sharon got pushed down a flight of stairs and Judy was given a pacemaker
froover

Postby Smakbass » Tue May 22, 2007 4:39 pm

Im back in the club...
Smakbass

Postby Gil Escalera » Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 pm

Here's my 55-94 Deluxe that I got from Don Kane. These pics were taken by Don. As usual - Thanks Don! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Re: Fretless Bass Photo Gallery

Postby Trane Francks » Fri May 25, 2007 3:44 pm

That Lakland sure is pretty, Gil.
trane
Trane Francks
Bad Ass Admin

Re:

Postby NJ fclef » Sun May 27, 2007 12:17 pm

frogleggstoo wrote:sure I do .. but the dots are what's messing me up I can play with my eyes closed and hear where I am supposed to be but looking down on the top of my finger board the dot's are . . at the the 12th I would think they should be : is it at the first dot or the second or some-where's in between ?? guess I may never know....... as long as I play in tune the guys don't seem to care later Richard

Generally, i found the point of intonation is BETWEEN the 2 dots.
FGC
url=http://www.macakin.com/bass]the stable[/url]
NJ fclef

Postby Shakey Slim » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:35 pm

Last edited by Shakey Slim on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakey Slim

Re:

Postby Golem » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:06 am

craigb wrote:Image

My first fretless ever - a Waterstone Guitars ME-1. I put SIT Power Flats (groundwounds) on it to protect the rw board and am having lots of fun making sick whale sounds. I can definitely see why people say "fretless is addictive". I'm now thinking I need a skinny necked G&L fretless too.
MMM... Yum. Please tell us about the SIT power flats. How do the differ in sound or feel from D'A 1/2rounds or TI flats?

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Re: Re:

Postby Golem » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:13 am

NJ fclef wrote:
frogleggstoo wrote:sure I do .. but the dots are what's messing me up I can play with my eyes closed and hear where I am supposed to be but looking down on the top of my finger board the dot's are . . at the the 12th I would think they should be : is it at the first dot or the second or some-where's in between ?? guess I may never know....... as long as I play in tune the guys don't seem to care later Richard

Generally, i found the point of intonation is BETWEEN the 2 dots.
You could always measure from the nut. Even if it's not a 2-octave neck you can measure, but if it's two octaves it's easier to be accurate cuz you have a means to double check your measure, since the distance from the nut to the '12th fret' should measure exactly double the distance from the '12th fret' to the 24th. Otherwise, just figger that on a 34" scale the '12th fret' is 17" from the nut. It will not necessarily be 17" from the saddle [prolly 17+ on that]. The octave fret is alway 1/2 the scale length from the nut.

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

PreviousNext

Return to FRETLESS