Gone Fretless..............

Gone Fretless..............

Postby Laredo » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:42 am

............I guess an old dog can learn some new tricks after all! [smilie=icon_wink.gif]

I will have to take some better pictures later, the sun was on it's way down.

FL SB2 II.jpg
FL SB2 III.jpg
FL SB2 IV.jpg
Attachments
FL SB2 I.jpg
YOU ARE NEVER TOO DEAD.......TO BE RESURRECTED!!!!
Laredo

Re: Gone Fretless..............

Postby GLJeff » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23 am

Looks nice, I didn't go fretless until after 20 years of playing. I didn't find it that different, they're more versatile if anything.
GLJeff

Postby Laredo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 pm

G&L_Jeff wrote:Looks nice, I didn't go fretless until after 20 years of playing. I didn't find it that different, they're more versatile if anything.

Yeah, I know what you mean.............I never really bothered to experiment for myself, I just listened to other people regarding FL Basses. Many of them gave unfavorable opinions, so I stayed clear of them. Every instrument has it's place, just cause one group of people stay away, does not mean it has no credibility. Believe me, looking back in time, many of the people I hung out with did not have much credibility either! [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif] I agree the FL Basses definitely offer more versatility, and I could actually see myself playing the FL more than many of my fretted ones...............Man, I must be getting old........... [smilie=icon_eek.gif]

FL SB2 I-I.jpg

FL SB2 I-II.jpg
Last edited by Laredo on Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOU ARE NEVER TOO DEAD.......TO BE RESURRECTED!!!!
Laredo

Postby kennans » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:27 am

Congrats on the FL.

Think of it this way; playing fretless lets you be much more expressive within the music, and that's a fascinating discipline itself.
kennans
Road Dog

Return to FRETLESS