Newbie Conclusions....

Newbie Conclusions....

Postby bluesky » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:56 pm

So I have this cool slab body (fretted) PBass repro with Voodoo pickups, it has the tone, let's just leave it at that. Also picked up that MIJ fretless (nekkid board) J bass with Duncans that is just so cool. I am thinking that the next step is a fretless P somehow, what do ya think? Those that have one like it enough, or need a J also to balance things out? Time for a wish list.......
bluesky

Re: Newbie Conclusions....

Postby kennans » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:04 pm

I got by with fretless P's for years, but lately I've contracted J bass lust.

Fretless P's rock. Think more "Danko" than "Jaco".
kennans
Road Dog

Postby Golem » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:24 pm

`

FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! FL-P! ................ FL-P!

`

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Postby bluesky » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:41 am

Hint hint....... fretless P it will be!!!
bluesky

Postby rsnell22 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:38 am

I'd say the setup is the key.

I can get my basses to mwahh like their strung with rubber bands, or to the point of tone as precise as a fretted bass, all by the action and neck relief adjustments.

Learn to do your own setup, and then you can always have your bass play the way you like it.
rsnell22

Postby Golem » Mon May 12, 2008 8:20 am

rsnell22 wrote:I'd say the setup is the key.

I can get my basses to mwahh like their strung with rubber bands, or to the point of tone as precise as a fretted bass, all by the action and neck relief adjustments.

Learn to do your own setup, and then you can always have your bass play the way you like it.
`

Thaz why I dig EBMM FL's, cuz they got Dial-a-Mwah .... that cool little capstan wheel where the PG meets the butt of the neck.

They have the same wheel on the fretted basses, but I'm not sure why anyone would want Dial-a-Rattle. [I was gonna call it "Dial-a-Buzz" but then I realized LOTS a peeps would go for "Dial-a-Buzz" ..... ]

`

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Return to FRETLESS