LOG?

LOG?

Postby hmagman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:24 pm

I was poking around the Lakland website today and realized that there is a Lakland Owners Group (LOG). Kinda cool forum, the downside is that to join you have to pay twenty-something dollars per year.

IMHO, not the smartest thing to draw future Lakie owners to the fold...just my $0.02. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Re: LOG?

Postby nolabass » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Agreed...not gonna pay to boost Laklands sells in a forum. The old DP Lakland forum kinda left a bad taste in my mouth with it's sales bias. But, I'll certainly check it out and see for myself. Thanks.... I own/love 4 BTW....2 US and 2 Skylines .
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby nolabass » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:56 pm

I just visited.... looks cool. I enjoy seeing the Lakland crowd sharing info again. It'll become/is a nice information bass. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

I see the new P bass pups are selling for $200 and a money back guarantee. Sposed to be deeper and clearer than the Fralins.
Part of me doesn't like messing with a good thing but on the other hand I trust Dan and Co. to know whats hip. What I wouldn't be interested in is a "modern" sounding P.

also FYI

* Lakland Owners Group is a private, independently operated discussion board and website. Opinions expressed there are purely the opinions of Lakland Owners Group members and not the opinions of Lakland Musical Instruments. Lakland Musical Instruments does not receive any compensation as a result of fees or donations to the Lakland Owners Group website.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Templar » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:19 pm

So Skylines will be made in Indonesia soon, eh?

Better than China, I guess.
Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:13 pm

nolabass wrote:Agreed...not gonna pay to boost Laklands sells in a forum. The old DP Lakland forum kinda left a bad taste in my mouth with it's sales bias.

I can think of another one that's even more biased, but that just the anarchist in me doing the bitching.

Ken...
...at least the doctors find me fascinating...
Ken Baker
"Turn the darned thing down!!"

Postby Ken Baker » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Templar wrote:So Skylines will be made in Indonesia soon, eh?

Better than China, I guess.

Korea, actually.

If Dan is moving offshore production to Indonesia, he's doing what G&L already did.

BTW - I've been told they're both (Tributes and Skylines) made by Cort.

Ken...
...at least the doctors find me fascinating...
Ken Baker
"Turn the darned thing down!!"

Postby randall » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:25 pm

There is a lot of nice work coming out of that Korean Cort factory. BIG difference between Korea and China when it comes to quality product.
06 Lakland Glaub w/ DS, 85 G&L SB-1, 94 Mexican P
G&K 800RB, Ampeg B-15, Peavey Micro Bass
randall

Postby Templar » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:00 pm

If the scuttlebut is true, Cort is shutting down in Korea. (?)
Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Return to LAKLAND