Carl Pedigo and Lakland -- what do you make of this?

Carl Pedigo and Lakland -- what do you make of this?

Postby dukeplaysbass » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 pm

http://www.lakland.com/carl.htm

From the Lakland website:

Carl Pedigo built his first electric guitar when he was 15 years old. "i used a few parts from a basket case Tiesco Del Rey and made a few parts in my school shop. it made some noise and i could tune it... sort of." He continued to do setups and minor repairs to augment his music endeavors.

Later he worked with two important Chicago luthiers; Ed Reynolds and Hugh McFarland. Dan Lakin and Hugh started Lakland Basses and hired Carl to work in the factory. After Hugh went on to pursue his own interests, Carl took over as shop supervisor and as such designed many of Lakland's production methods and fixtures which are still currently in use. During these productive years Carl made instruments for some of the best bass players in the world.

Now Carl has left the confines of the factory floor and is in "private practice" building instruments, doing mods and repair on guitars and basses.

Interested parties should e-mail him at carl@chicagobassdoctor.com. Or if you need ear time, phone him at 773.724.1167 during business hours.

Anybody see Carl at NAMM???
Father Gino wrote:...back when men were men and basses had four strings.

Check out my site...
dukeplaysbass
Wunkay Wuver

Re: Carl Pedigo and Lakland -- what do you make of this?

Postby Gil Escalera » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Haven't seen Carl or Dan at NAMM so far. I passed by more then a few times and haven't seen either. Lakland has a small stable of instruments representing this year, and nothing new or eye catching (IMO).

I'm interested to hear more on "The Rumor" about Lakland floating around at NAMM (like everyone else). As soon as someone knows something I'm sure we'll hear about it. Not trying to be elusive, just would rather wait for the facts before I say anything.

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby harleyyy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Gil Escalera wrote:
Not trying to be elusive, just would rather wait for the facts before I say anything.

- Gil

Likewise Gil, BABP's shouldn't be the source of any misinformation, thanks.
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby spideyjg » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 am

Carl is there. Saw him this afternoon. Hadn't seen this so was clueless.

I'll ask what he is gonna do as the Chicago bass doctor.

Jim
Silverbass wrote:gawd damn the pusher man
spideyjg
Bouncer

Postby Johnny Alien » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Gil Escalera wrote:Haven't seen Carl or Dan at NAMM so far. I passed by more then a few times and haven't seen either. Lakland has a small stable of instruments representing this year, and nothing new or eye catching (IMO).

I'm interested to hear more on "The Rumor" about Lakland floating around at NAMM (like everyone else). As soon as someone knows something I'm sure we'll hear about it. Not trying to be elusive, just would rather wait for the facts before I say anything.

- Gil

There is a "rumor" about Lakland? I thought the only big news was the BG5 Skyline and custom run of Skyline colors.
Johnny Alien

Postby spideyjg » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Talked to Carl and just like it said he is no longer with Lakland and has his own shop nowdoing repairs on anything. Lakies always had exceptional fretwork and that was Carl's hand.

I told him any refret work I'd consider sending it to him.

Jim
Silverbass wrote:gawd damn the pusher man
spideyjg
Bouncer

Postby hmagman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 am

harleyyy wrote:
Gil Escalera wrote:
Not trying to be elusive, just would rather wait for the facts before I say anything.

- Gil

Likewise Gil, BABP's shouldn't be the source of any misinformation, thanks.

Totally agree...
Harry
hmagman

Postby hmagman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Johnny Alien wrote:
Gil Escalera wrote:Haven't seen Carl or Dan at NAMM so far. I passed by more then a few times and haven't seen either. Lakland has a small stable of instruments representing this year, and nothing new or eye catching (IMO).

- Gil

I thought the only big news was the BG5 Skyline and custom run of Skyline colors.

Let's not forget the new JO5 with blocks and binding and custom colors... [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Return to LAKLAND