Lakland 55-64 live sound samples

Lakland 55-64 live sound samples

Postby nolabass » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 am

Just got the Zoom Q3HD and wanted to try it out. Real ruff....I'm thinner and younger than it looks. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] As you can tell the Lakland has a strong B string. It has Lakland nickle RRs that have 4-5 sets on them. They are starting to mellow nicely. This is a step on stage plug in and go situation....so I had no time to finesse the EQ. Just met the drummer.

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Re: Lakland 55-64 sample Zoom Q3HD

Postby ghiadub » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 am

That sounds great Nola. Unlike most, when the music gets louder, you can’t hear the compression or auto volume kick in (if it is even on). In any case I was surprised at the volume consistency across the differing dynamics.

And you are solid as a rock in the pocket! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Re: Lakland 55-64 live sound samples

Postby nolabass » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks, I definitely see where the auto volume feature would/could/does go up and down. I did have it on the auto up-down feature but also thought enough to place the recorder close to the PA. The down only feature would just shut things down and a raucous crowd yeller might kill the levels. I have a leveling feature in my recording software and I assume that would fix the levels but is a compromise.
I want to try the bass roll off to see if it'll take some of the fuzz off the low end without taking the warmth off.
But all in all, on a who gives a crap blues jam it was easy to set-up and use. pretty idiot proof for this idiot.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby flatheadbass » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Diggin' it bro! Your strings have mellowed out, yet they sound very clear; Nice job!
On the verge of a nervous breakthrough.
flatheadbass

Postby nolabass » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks man. I am really enjoying this P Bass. I get regular comments on the punch it has. I purchased it because I liked the feel of my Lakalnd 5 string so much I wanted the same feel in a P.... pretty happy with it really.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby hmagman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:58 pm

[smilie=music-smiley-005.gif] Very nice...
Harry
hmagman

Return to LAKLAND