Pure Unadulterated Lust

Pure Unadulterated Lust

Postby SonicBlueJoe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 am

It left NY Monday, passed through Salt lake City yesterday on its way to my house _bounce_

Always wanted CAR, love the pickguard, have loved my Skyline long time, but old school US Lakland lust has gotten the better of me. #49, made around 2002. What can I say? Right bass, right price, right lust.

SonicBlueJoe

Links: Current Gig: http://www.badluckandtroubleweb.com/fr_home.cfm

Current Gear: Lakland Joe Osborn 5, Lakland Hollowbody, BABP LE G&L L1000, Bergantino IP310, Bergantino AE410, Aquilar DB680, Alembic F-1X, Genz Benz Streamliner 600

Re: Pure Unadulterated Lust

Postby ghiadub » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I can tell you have some serious buyers remorse.
I would be happy to take it off your hands to help out with that.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby GonzoBass » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Wow!
I can almost hear it...
[smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Aloha-
Papa Gonzo
GonzoBass
Global Bouncer

Links: .
Tools:
Steinberger XP2 Workhorse (DB Bridge)
Steinberger XP2 (B-E-A-D)
Steinberger XP2A (Back Up)
Wilkat GonzoBass #001
Fender Deluxe 24 Fret Jazz
EBMM Stingray Natural/Maple
Xavier Custom 6 String
Ibanez AEB10K Acoustic
Dean Rhapsody 8 String
Carvin BK2A Fretless
Gibson EB3 (Project)
Epiphone Newport EBS
Synsonic Half Scale
Fender Mandolin
A couple Flea Ukuleles
and a few guitars...

Rigs:
Small-
GK MB112 combo
Medium-
GK MB500
GK 2x10 Neo
Large-
GK 1001 Mark II 2x10 combo
GK 1x15 RBS

Effects:
Line 6 Bass POD XT Live
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer

Postby nolabass » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:23 pm

loverly!
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby hmagman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:05 am

:drool :drool :drool
Harry
hmagman

Postby SonicBlueJoe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:31 pm

ghiadub wrote:I can tell you have some serious buyers remorse.

Nope. [smilie=cool-smiley-027.gif]

What a great way to wash off the dirt on a Monday. Come home to a new bass. Fuck yeah [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

It was like popping open the case from the factory. 10 yo bass, no signs of player wear.

I immediately strung it up with the just starting to get broken in 2.5 yo Deep Talkin Flats from my Skyline, and have had it in my lap, plunking unplugged for the last two hours. Heaven. The JO5/HB combo has been my main thing for more than a couple years now. This is a checkmate move for me. I have couple of golden era Laklands in my favorite classic colors that I will play the snot out of until I can play no more. [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]

One for each of my baby girls [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
SonicBlueJoe

Current Gear: Lakland Joe Osborn 5, Lakland Hollowbody, BABP LE G&L L1000, Bergantino IP310, Bergantino AE410, Aquilar DB680, Alembic F-1X, Genz Benz Streamliner 600

Postby nolabass » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:46 pm

The term "Golden Era Laklands" gives me chills. I feel lucky to have scored my basses when I did.

I tell you though.....this 55-64 is a fine fine bass. They still make a solid product.

The color of that hollowbody is just perfect. How is the guard mounted? Enjoy that piece of art.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby SonicBlueJoe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 am

nolabass wrote:The term "Golden Era Laklands" gives me chills. I feel lucky to have scored my basses when I did.

I tell you though.....this 55-64 is a fine fine bass. They still make a solid product.

I tried an Indonesian made Skyline Decade a year ago or so. While not my cup of tea, neither the change in company ownership nor the change in offshore production location had any sort of negative effect on the product that I could see. Still the same great bang for the buck!

nolabass wrote: How is the guard mounted?

The guard extends up underneath the metal ring that surrounds the neck pick up, and is held in place by the four screws in each corner. It raises the surround up a little bit, but not so much that it gets in the way. It is not physically attached to the body of the bass in any other way. As it extends down from the pickups, it is more or less a 1/4 to 1/2 inch up off the body, and there is a small piece of cloth padding affixed on the underside to keep it from getting banged or pushed against the body. It's real well done, and looks killer against the CAR.
SonicBlueJoe

Return to LAKLAND