Flanger/Phaser/Chorus

Flanger/Phaser/Chorus

Postby Cheap Bass Tard » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:14 am

Anybody know of one pedal that can do all three?

And do them well?

Thanks!
USACG J-bass, P-neck, Nordies w/3-band Aggie pre
Atkinson Custom J-bass, P-neck, Nordy Big Singles and 3-band pre.
GB Shuttle 9.0, Uberbass 410
Cheap Bass Tard

Re: Flanger/Phaser/Chorus

Postby 57RIP » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 am

I'm allergic to MEP's but a couple of local bud's are getting on with the newest Zoom thingy... personally I dig separates, preferrably analog - OR a nice lexicon in a rack for modulation... FWIW - in my guitar rig it's the Boss Super Chorus, BF-2 Flanger and the venerable Phase 90... a Dunlop RotoVibe, MXR Carbon Copy and VooDoo Labs Tremolo... I do dig my modulation. Yes, that I do ...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Re: Flanger/Phaser/Chorus

Postby SmittyG » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:38 am

The Line 6 MM4 does those effects, but you can't have more than one effect at a time. Most any multi-effects unit (Line 6, Boss, Digitech, Zoom, ect) will be able to do all those and, usually, allow you to have multiples going at once. I use the Zoom B2.1u myself; but then, I don't use a lot of those effects live--I will record with them quite often though. Your best bet is to get to someplace where you can try out several units and see what does it for you. With all of these devices, I can find as many detractors as I can fans. It is very subjective and your own ears and personal opinion are just as valid as anything anyone will tell you.
SmittyG

Links: http://naradaweeps.bandcamp.com
http://facebook.com/solobassist

Return to EFFECTS