Incoming....3leaf Groove Regulator

Incoming....3leaf Groove Regulator

Postby Templar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:05 pm

I swore off these type pedals, but I could'nt resist the impulse. So I guess I'll try one more.... [smilie=fun_84.gif]

Should be here in a few days. Impressions to follow....

Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Re: Incoming....3leaf Groove Regulator

Postby steveonbass » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Awesome filter pedal. Love the effects loop! I may grab one also at some point.
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby Templar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:12 am

Well it came yesterday. Today I shipped it off to the builder for inspection. I only messed with it a couple hours at home but it sounded somewhat muddy or cloudy to me, on all but a couple settings. A far cry from "maintaining clarity" that these units are supposed to be known for.

I think something may be wrong with my unit, which would explain the sweet deal I got. That said, I did get some interesting synthy sounds at the less extreme settings. I could see liking this pedal, but the sound quality would have to be cleaned up for my tastes. A Groove Regulator with the sound quality of an Emma could be sweet.

I should hear from the builder in a few days.....
Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Postby Templar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Heard from Spencer (the builder) today...

Hey Jack,

It's on its way back. I changed out one of the photocells for a brighter one, so the pedal is now brighter but still has a great low end. I think you'll like the sound better now. I might just have to make them standard with this photocell configuration....

Cool, I hope the mod does the trick.
Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Postby Templar » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Well the mods seem to have cleaned things up pretty well. Only had a brief opportunity to mess around with it last nite, but it's kinda cool now.

Not sure how often I could actually use it, (or if I'll even keep it) but this filter seems to be the best of the few I've sampled (at least for my tastes).

I can say that 3leaf customer service has been outstanding. I feel all warm 'n fuzzy. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Templar
Bad Ass Leather Sniffer

Return to EFFECTS