Help with assembling a pedal board!

Help with assembling a pedal board!

Postby groovemachine » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Well, I'm finally breaking down and putting together a pedal board. I've generally been a "less is more" kinda guy and plugging a bass straight into an amp is appealing. However, I'm really wanting to put together some sort of hip hop project and have a variety of trippy, dubby, gritty tones available. A guitar player buddy of mine gave me his old board as he expanded/upgraded his setup, so I'm going to take the plunge and put some stuff together. Here's what I have laying around:

Dano overdrive, Dano distortion, Dano chorus (18V), Dano echo/delay, DOD envelope filter, Electro-Harmonix Bassballs

I have a board and suitcase. I'm planning to order a Visual Sound 1 Spot system to facilitate power, thinking that I can use the battery clip converters to attach to the two 9V battery plugs on the chorus pedal...everything else is 9V (I believe). I also ordered an Electro-Harmonix bass micro synth as I've wanted one for a long time even though it doesn't have tons of practical application for most situations.

Any advice on what to do or not do would be appreciated as I've never assembled a pedal board before. I may or may not use everything listed above, but I will certainly want the EH pedals, the chorus, and the DOD filter pedal involved.
groovemachine

Return to EFFECTS