digitech bass multi-chorus issue

digitech bass multi-chorus issue

Postby pbassplayer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:01 pm

just picked up one of these pedals brand new real cheap...i know it's not the greatest pedal but i just wanted a chorus to mess around with. here's the issue,you are playing and all of a sudden the pedal goes nuts.starts speed'n up and makes a high pitched noise.(i'm using a battery)..anyone experience this...what did you do ?
pbassplayer

Re: digitech bass multi-chorus issue

Postby Gil Escalera » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I have a Digitech Bass Multi-Chorus but have not experienced what you are describing here so I can't say. Sorry. :(

I saw a very popular bassist using one with the name covered with gaffers tape since he was endorsing another brand of effects pedals at the time. He said he does multi-voice chorusing in the studio with expensive gear and that the Digitech did a good approximation of that effect, thus the pedal on his board. [smilie=cool-smiley-031.gif]

Good luck remeding your issue.

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby pbassplayer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:45 am

i bought one of those 1-spot 9v power adaptors and that eliminated the issue...
pbassplayer

Postby Gil Escalera » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Cool! My pedalboard is powered with a 1SPOT power source. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby Rhian Batson » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Yup, had an old Morley phaser that did the same thing when the batteries went low.
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby Dean » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:33 am

All of the Digitech X-Series pedals consume batteries at a tremendous rate. Since the chorus pedal in question here was bought used, the box may not have contained the note explaining this and strongly recommending the HPRO PS200R power supply. When the battery drains even slightly, the X-Series pedals can do some very strange things. The Digitech Hardwire pedals are better with battery life, have true bypass, and the Chorus, Delay, Reverb, and Tremolo models work very well with a bass.
Dean

Return to EFFECTS