Anyone got charts for ..

Steve Lawson and Gonzo can get you thinking out of the box right here.

Anyone got charts for ..

Postby 57RIP » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:57 am

"Let's Get Away for the Weekend" and / or "Do Nothin' Day" from Al Anderson's After Hours

I musta been sleeping when that one was released. It's just knockin' me over... and I can so hear myself doing one of those and my singer Polly doin' the other ...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Re: Anyone got charts for ..

Postby ampig » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 am

I'll show my ignorance. I don't know who Al Anderson is, but I'm intrigued.........
Howard

"That's no surprise, kids are too cool for tort" - aussiemark
ampig

Links: http://myspace.com/delvers

Postby hoytbasses » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 pm

isn't he the front man for the old NRBQ? i think that's who he is. i play with two guys from NRBQ, I can ask johnny the guitar player if he knows the tune and can scribble down the changes....

(if it's an NRBQ tune)

kfh
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Postby 57RIP » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm

AL was the guitarist and front man - as much as there was a front man for NRBQ. He's been gone and solo for a while. In 2004 he did After Hours - it's a real interesting record for those of us into the 'Q. The cut's I'm interested in are real jazz standard sounding - which is quite a twist for Big Al. Apparently they are self written though they sound like Johnny Mercer or meybe something Sinatra would have sung. Who knew he had it in him ?
Last edited by 57RIP on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby ampig » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 am

Cool. Saw NRBQ 30 years ago. Fun band.
Howard

"That's no surprise, kids are too cool for tort" - aussiemark
ampig

Links: http://myspace.com/delvers

Postby hoytbasses » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 am

I'm lucky to be playing with Johnny and Joe Spampinato.... you learn a lot from old road dogs like that......I was working on Joe's Jerry jones bass and on the edge it has an inscription from someone named Paul.

I asked Joe if it was SIR Paul who'se name is scribbled on his bass and it was: I treated that junky bass a lot better.........

kfh
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Return to CHARTS & THEORY